What's new

BOTD: Black Of The Day

Autumn 2012 Feng Qing

Reminded me a bit of Twining's english teas such as earl grey or english breakfast.

A bit woody on the third cup. Milk and sugar might not be out of place at this point.

Had a cup of Earl Grey from Davids Tea made in the steeper contraption they also sell, I actually really like it, and the tea was amazing.

I had some Darjeeling this morning which was amazing for the first half of the cup. Sadly it was a paper cup that was all waxy on the inside and the second half of the cup tasted like the back of a stamp.

I had some Darjeeling this morning which was amazing for the first half of the cup. Sadly it was a paper cup that was all waxy on the inside and the second half of the cup tasted like the back of a stamp.

darjeeling is nice and not terribly expensive you should pick some up if you havent already.

darjeeling is nice and not terribly expensive you should pick some up if you havent already.

That is what I'm sipping on right now... sadly instead of nice hot tea it is rather meh warm leaf juice... on my of my less awesome journeymen decided to talk to me about absolutely nothing while my boiling water end up luke warm and I couldn't heat it up again. Methinks that after work when I have my pipe I will make some more and not have the process interupted by a third hand retelling of sensationalist news... Rereading this before posting I see this comes off a bit bitter...

That is what I'm sipping on right now... sadly instead of nice hot tea it is rather meh warm leaf juice... on my of my less awesome journeymen decided to talk to me about absolutely nothing while my boiling water end up luke warm and I couldn't heat it up again. Methinks that after work when I have my pipe I will make some more and not have the process interupted by a third hand retelling of sensationalist news... Rereading this before posting I see this comes off a bit bitter...

you should pick up a bit of lapsang souchong for when you have your pipe. i

Harney and Sons Black Vanilla. I just got a 1LB bag of it in and I loved this stuff before but strait from the manufacturer in a sealed bag is heavenly.

Autumn 2012 Black Gold Bi Luo Chun again... had an interesting minute explaining to my coworkers why I was drinking "snails".

Tried the Keemun again today... maybe I am brewing it wrong but this just doesn't seem like the "brandy of teas" at all to me. Maybe I just happened to stumble across all of the websites that go overboard hyping it up?

today i tried a "darjeeling" from a bulk store. tasted like mellons and tobacco it wasent foul but it wasent delicous either

This morning it was Feng Qing again. Quite pleasant first pot, and then I forgot about the second pot while it was steeping and discovered it minutes later. The result was still drinkable, after a slight dilution. Impressive. Pot three was a touch bitter, but four was nice and calm.

Trying a friend's Lapsang Souchong today (Banff Tea Company). It smells a bit less smokey, and once wet the leaves are noticeably less oxidized than mine (It's About Tea).

Perhaps I'm imagining it, but the taste is also a bit "greener". Smoke is not as apparent.

This one is nice, but I think I like mine better.

Made a Junpana today, western brew. Four years old picking. Top flavor is flat as you would expect, but the bitterness is gone, the aftertastes are nice, it does nice things in the throat, and while there isn't really qi, the caffeine rush was very nicely rounded off for a pleasant sense of alertness.

I brewed an earl grey I purchased at whole foods yesterday. I've got to say the aroma is as invigorating as the brew. I found an infuser ball in my coffee cabinet that I used. It's a little smaller than I'd like, but it worked. I've steeped it twice, so far this morning, and thinking of trying one more just to see how far I can take it.

Harrod's Breakfast Blend. My daughter was in the UK recently and picked this up for me. A nice, smooth, middle-of-the-road breaksfast blend. Not quite as strong as I usually prefer in my morning tea, which I drink without milk or sugar.

Top Bottom