What's new

Need Wood Bowl For Shave Soaps

Evening gents. I did a silly thing this week. I finally got around to ordering AOS shave soaps and they are spectacular no doubt. However, I balked at spending the $40 bucks for the wooden bowl version and got the refills. This is good and bad. I really saved a bunch of money this way. About thirty dollars sans the bowls. Yet now I have two great soaps and nothing to put them in. I will NOT shave this thing down a quarter of an inch in diameter to fit my Anchor-Hocking glass bowls. So where does that leave me? I tried the cakes in my Trumper almond bowl and they look like they fit perfectly. I looked TGQ and they have some bowls that look great but they would add nearly the same amount of money to this as it would have been to buy them with bowl from AOS. I am not opposed to a glass container as long as it fits the soap without crunching, grinding or whittling half the cake away. It must also be covered. Any suggestions?

Regards, Todd

The AOS bowls are really the bees knees, the cats meow, the cream of the crop...you see where I am going with this? :thumbup1:

Buy another one with the bowl. :ihih:

(Seriously, it really is a nice bowl.)

Neil. Believe it or not, that is what I was saying to myself about ten seconds after begining to lather up the soap this morning. I am seriously thinking of doing just this later on.

The AOS bowls are really the bees knees, the cats meow, the cream of the crop...you see where I am going with this? :thumbup1:

Jim you danged enabler. First Neil tells me EXACTLY what I knew to be the truth. Then you come along to put the catnip in front of the cat. Thanks fellas. I see another ding in the cc comng soon. Seriously though, I like the wooden bowls myself and though they are messy at times, the just look so good and keep the soap in a handy, small container when not in use which is about 23.9 hours per day. Might as well look nice while they do it.

Regards, Todd

Neil. Believe it or not, that is what I was saying to myself about ten seconds after begining to lather up the soap this morning. I am seriously thinking of doing just this later on.

Jim you danged enabler. First Neil tells me EXACTLY what I knew to be the truth. Then you come along to put the catnip in front of the cat. Thanks fellas. I see another ding in the cc comng soon. Seriously though, I like the wooden bowls myself and though they are messy at times, the just look so good and keep the soap in a handy, small container when not in use which is about 23.9 hours per day. Might as well look nice while they do it.

Regards, Todd

:laugh:

OK fellas, our work here is done!!

I can't speak for the MB bowl, but I am certain that the AOS puck is too wide to fit the amazon and SCS bowls. (Nice thought though, Jim :thumbup1:)

+1 on the AOS bowl being quite nice!
hmmm, I just simply answered for general wooden bowls, never had any AOS stuff, so I wasn't aware of the differences, my humblest apologies :tongue_sm

The only problem with these aftermarket wood bowls is it's hard to lose track of what's inside. And those sticky labels (that I put on th ebottom) not only fall off sometimes, but write satanic things on my countertop, like "Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge" backwards.

Top Bottom