What's new

Any good refrences online about Winchester straights?

I just recently got a Winchester off Ebay, and am trying to find some kind of information on these razors.

I found some site that told me their cutlery division operatedd up to 1940, that was about all I found.

Thanks for any leads.

edit: at least I discovered that the handles on mine are in fact original. Pretty amazing that those handles and blade look so good for being such an old blade...looks like the owner never used it, ever. The markings are authentic with the protocols Winchester used, and the model numbers match up, stamping is correct size, etc. Now just to find out when this thing was made.

I'm still unsure if I want to shave with it....it's just too nice.

Steve,
Can't say as I know. I seem to recall hearing they shave ok, but I've never actually been able to try one. Those are apparently highly sought by Winchester collectors who tend to grab anything available with the Winchester name. W.R. Case & Sons razors seem to have a bit of the same problem, people buying them to collect and not to shave. (My Red Imp, on the other hand...still has to earn its keep from time to time)
If you go to www.straightrazorplace.com and look in their files, or link to the old yahoo groups version of the straightrazorplace site, there is a listing that tells a bit about manufacturers and when they were making razors. It isn't complete but the most information I've found.
Hope that helps a little
John P.

Top Bottom