What's new

GOTD- Green of the Day

I won green tea from a farm in Japan via ebay, each 500gr:

kuradashi mecha - opened it today. Somebody must have asked "will it blend?" after picking those leaves and stopped short of powder...the tea was much greener than Chinese green and tasted kind of like wheat juice which for me is ok.

I thought I was awake before drinking it, I felt much more so after but in a good way.
It's far from the great taste of dragon well but a good daily alternative, especially for the price.

The other two are kukicha and kabusecha which I hope will taste better.

Finishing off a gift of green tea from a friend. A nice everyday Sencha. Has that nice strong vegetally flavour profile common to these teas.

Nice pic there Ambrose!

Thank you bud:thumbup1: I do like to snap a pic when I get the chance.

Today I enjoyed some high grade Mao Jian. I got about 8 infusions started off thick like a light chicken broth and vegetables, turned floral, with sweet fruity melon aftertastes towards the later infusions. I do enjoy this tea from time to time.

Polished off the last of my longjing. Nothing like the occasional reminder of my own naivete!

Looking forward to breaking into a bag of Floating Leaves House-Blend Green Tea at some point in the near future, when I've decimated the aging stash of Adirondack Greens. :thumbup1:

I didnt know where to place this one but I figure you guys wouldnt mind it here.

Bai Hao Yin Zhen - White tea

This tea took me by surprise Ive never had such a nice white tea
A light crisp honey dew melon and subtle apricot aroma. The flavors are light and fruity of the honey dew melon with a very light minty coolness follows on the tongue and breath. :thumbup1: The spent aroma of honey scents the cup once the brew is gone. Brewed this tea up with very low temp water to not ruin the delicate aromas and flavors. My mind is at ease and peace with a light sense of happiness. :thumbup:

I remember when Rishi was about the coolest thing going. Just about never buy anything from them anymore except for Sencha. The Sencha Supreme (or whatever they call it) is a good value. Not on a par with Hibiki-an or Ippodo, but still a darned good tea.
View attachment 86083

Last edited:
Drank some of Steve's Jasmine Pearls. Ran out of the good water at work today so no point in using any of the nicer teas.

Drank some of Steve's Jasmine Pearls. Ran out of the good water at work today so no point in using any of the nicer teas.

OK, I am taking that as a complement that my Jasmine pearls are so good that they can overcome even crappy water. The other connotation is just too hard to contemplate... :001_tt2:

If you are interested in Jasmine pearls, I have some from a new vendor that I think are even better than the previous ones that I thought were quite good. Because I still have some of both kinds in stock, if you are interested in the new jasmine pearls, make sure and let me know in the notes for your order.

Last edited:
OK, I am taking that as a complement that my Jasmine pearls are so good that they can overcome even crappy water. The other connotation is just too hard to contemplate... :001_tt2:

Well, I've been using them to blend with really crappy "gunpowder" green tea, so perhaps it is a matter of relative perspective. :biggrin1:

Those organic jasmine pearls from YS are okay. Too floral for me straight up, but masks otherwise undrinkable drek nicely! :thumbup:

:blushing:

More Shi Feng Long Jing daily tea, I am really enjoying this tea even at a low grade daily drinking tea its very enjoyable. Medium to light clean vegetable flavor with a touch of sweetness.

An Ji Ban Cha

I cant recall what this tea tasted like but it was enjoyable green but I cant recall anything impressive.

Top Bottom