What's new

GOTD- Green of the Day

Broke open the floatingleaves.com house green today. Really very good!
It is amazing the difference that freshness makes for green tea.

I will be buying more! :001_tt1:

O-Cha Kagoshima Sencha Yutaka Midori -

This is definitely in a higher class of senchas. Lots of umami and deep vegetal flavors with less sweetness than I am used to. A very mellow brew. As with most higher quality teas it is more subtle and yet has a wider breadth of flavor and a longer finish. I've been drinking sencha for a little over a year now. I think that it is necessary to have such an intoductory period inorder to better appreciate this tea.

This is only my second session with this tea and I'm sure I will get better at brewing it. It seems like senchas need a higher degree of dialing in than other teas. Of course I have not yet tried Gyokuro.

excitement is building, it seems the new harvests of green tea are arriving earlier than expected in some parts. My mouse has been hovering over orders already but I'm going to try and wait it out a month or so. It seemed to take forever last year so this is a welcome surprise for me :)

As mentioned previously, got this one from Camellia Sinensis up in Canada. I like this every day sencha. Despite being almost a year old, it is still holding up well. Not a fussy leaf to brew. Vegetal and tasty :biggrin:!

just tried my first "Genmai-cha" its interesting. the primary flavor is nutty with that slight green tea tast taking a very muted back seat.

right now cheap bancha.

and i plan on keeping this thread afloat. but in order to do that i need to embrace GTAD...

yes and you will be seing me in more of the *otd threads here once my jas-etea order comes in..

and atm its not tea but im getting wired off of some french press.

Top Bottom