What's new

How do YOU make a lather with MB soap samples?

This thread got me thinking about the MB slivers I've tried and how I used them. My technique is to place the sliver (or part of it) in the bottom of my bowl, add a few teaspoons of water, and let it sit till the next day. The soap softens enough to lather and I don't have to try to load my brush off a hard chip of soap. This is unorthodox, but it works. How have you used your MB sample slivers?

I've never had her slivers, but in looking at the pic on her website, I think I would try either using it like a shave stick, rubbing it into my beard, or maybe since they are all glycerin based, melt it in the microwave on a saucer. Like within in the ring of a saucer of a cup and saucer set.

Yep melt it into a tea cup or mug. For goodness sake don't put metal in the microwave. (me in my tired stuper did this and it's not fun)

Yep melt it into a tea cup or mug. For goodness sake don't put metal in the microwave. (me in my tired stuper did this and it's not fun)

Ack! But it seems like overkill to melt a soap that's going to give 3 shaves max, no?

Top Bottom