What's new

Sensitive Skin Shaving Creams?

Hi everyone,

I'm currently using Geo F Trumper Coconut and love it! Its almost finished so am looking forward to my next shaving cream and I have some questions about the ''Sensitive Skin'' shaving creams...

So when I shave I do get some red dots appearing here and there on my face. Which stay for a few hours sometimes... Does this mean I have sensitive skin?

I'm assuming this has more to do with some pesky ingrown hairs/razor irritation?

Would sensitive skin creams help?

Thank you :)

Hi everyone,

I'm currently using Geo F Trumper Coconut and love it! Its almost finished so am looking forward to my next shaving cream and I have some questions about the ''Sensitive Skin'' shaving creams...

So when I shave I do get some red dots appearing here and there on my face. Which stay for a few hours sometimes... Does this mean I have sensitive skin?

I'm assuming this has more to do with some pesky ingrown hairs/razor irritation?

Would sensitive skin creams help?

Thank you :)

Sounds to me like it's a razor bump. If you get them in one area imparticular I notice that going a bit lighter and putting less pressure with the razor helps me. And yes, I don't see the sensitive skin stuff working against you in that case.

Hi NewGuy,

Could be an allergic reaction, could be razor bump :mad:
For allergic reaction: test the cream on other skin parts (inside arm) and then observed for signs of a local allergic reaction.
For razor bump this is very nice cream: Speick Men Intensiv Creme.
View attachment 71106
Eelco

My friend has very sensitive skin and he swears by

Taylors - Jermyn St. Collection Shaving Cream for Sensitive Skin

I was getting red bumps in my lower nec. Thought a sensitive skin cream would help me, so I bought TOBS Sensitive Skin.

Honestly, it didn't do much to reduce red bumps. You see, red bumps, razor burn, irritation...the main cause of these problems (barring any allergic reaction to the soap or cream you are using) is technique and wrong razor blade.

I stopped having redness and red bumps when I switched to Feathers and stopped going N-S in my lower neck.

I am not saying a sensitive cream won't help, but you shouldn't expext any miracles out of them.

I actually get bumps with Proraso, I know! What the heck is wrong with me:cursing:! I still use it but not often. I've had great luck with TOBS line.

I read somewhere that any cream which is rose scented is fine for sensative skin, dont know why but i read about it somewhere in a mens health magazine:closedeye

My friend has very sensitive skin and he swears by

Taylors - Jermyn St. Collection Shaving Cream for Sensitive Skin

+1 the tobs jermyn st is awesome! and ironically, its the most lightly scented of all my stuff but women give me the most comments on it! im thinkin imma get a tub as i just have a sample of it.

+1 the tobs jermyn st is awesome! and ironically, its the most lightly scented of all my stuff but women give me the most comments on it! im thinkin imma get a tub as i just have a sample of it.

The scent of shaving creams washes off upon the final rinse when you're finished shaving (try splattering some shaving cream on your arm during shave, after rinsing, you shoudn't smell a thing).

So it has to be your cologne, and if you aren't wearing any, well I guess some women maybe want to attract your attention , but are too shy yet to reveal to you the true reason for that :biggrin:

Top Bottom