What's new

Worst Wet Shave Yet.

L

Lo'Tek

I had one of the worst wet shaves of my life yesterday. I didn't have time to shave before I left the house and I had somewhere important to be so I did a little face softening prep. and took my a razor and cream with me to my destination knowing I would have about a half hour after a short meeting with a group. I splashed some hot water on my face and I had done a good job softening my skin because my neck which usually is the roughest part to shave came nice and clean. Then the water started getting cool. As the temp. quickly progressed to cold my face stiffened and the rest was - scrape, scrape, scrape as I kept saying to myself "This Sucks!!!". Not only that but I scraped my chin and a cut refused to coagulate. I still have razor burn. So you newbies, it can happen to any of us.

That's right, u can never control 100% your shaving experience. If i am in a hurry id rather skip shaving,,because it's a step closer to have a bad shave.

My chin and neck are breaking out for some reason and Tuesday's shave was a bloodbath. Still looks like hell.

Sometimes things go wrong.

Cold water always does me in also.

Hot water shave = smooth as silk, the whiskers just come right off

Cold water shave = feels like the blade is ripping the whiskers out of my face, more nicks and irritation, overall just hurts like hell

Unfortunately today I had a cold shave because the hot water ran out.

I had one of the worst wet shaves of my life yesterday. I didn't have time to shave before I left the house and I had somewhere important to be so I did a little face softening prep. and took my a razor and cream with me to my destination knowing I would have about a half hour after a short meeting with a group. I splashed some hot water on my face and I had done a good job softening my skin because my neck which usually is the roughest part to shave came nice and clean. Then the water started getting cool. As the temp. quickly progressed to cold my face stiffened and the rest was - scrape, scrape, scrape as I kept saying to myself "This Sucks!!!". Not only that but I scraped my chin and a cut refused to coagulate. I still have razor burn. So you newbies, it can happen to any of us.

My guess is that this has less to do with the hot water and more to do with your state of mind at the time. If you're tense, rushing things, and not in a comfortable environment, I can't see how any amount of good prep could have helped you here unless you had the concentration and calmness of a zen master.

Jeff in Boston

Top Bottom