What's new

Easy and cheap way to carry my straights

Some cool ideas. Makes me want to get 10 more razors to make an even dozen, so I culd fill up a canvas chisel roll.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I think a saw a few of those (Copic) on ebay... I'm pretty sure that one can find those locally or something very close!

Luc

Staff member
Time to update the pictures!

All shave ready except the one on the far right at the back...

I probably have 2 or 3 straights that I might sell in there but I'm still unsure. I still have room but I also have some straights that are not in the pouch and others that are in the process of being restored...

Nice! I'm looking for something for my growing collection. Can I ask where you found that?

Luc

Staff member
Nice! I'm looking for something for my growing collection. Can I ask where you found that?

Sure, I went to an art & craft shop (where they sell paint brushes, canvas, crayons, etc). I did a few shops around Melbourne and finally bought one (the price didn't vary much)... I was looking for a roll pouch but this is as good!

Last edited:
Wow! What a great idea.

Q: how well does it handle wider, e.g. 7/8, 8/8, blades? They go in and out easily or do you have to fiddle with 'em?

Luc

Staff member
Wow! What a great idea.

Q: how well does it handle wider, e.g. 7/8, 8/8, blades? They go in and out easily or do you have to fiddle with 'em?

I don't have any 8/8 but I have a few 7/8 and 13/16 that I would consider big.

Most of the compartments are the same size and fit a 5/8-6/8 very easily. I have a few compartments that are a bit bigger and this is where I put the bigger one. They seem to be randomly distributed. The razor is tight sometimes but if I push it out a few times, it becomes easier.

I can always push at the bottom of the compartment to get the razor out.

What a fantastic idea. Man, I hope I can find one of those around here. "Here" meaning the northern half of North America.
I'm wondering if something like this could be found in an artist supply store. They have all sorts of gizmos to store marker pens, brushes, etc.

Luc

Staff member
I should actually update this thread with more recent pictures as it's almost full now...

WOW. So glad you PMed me Luc and I stumbled across this post. Best storage option for traveling with straights I've ever seen.

Luc

Staff member
I'm interested. Do you think it will accommodate my #14 Filharmonica and my 8/8 W&B meat cleaver?

I got large blades in there, most of them are 6/8 and 13/16 but I do have a 7/8 and 8/8 that fits in there. Not all openings are the same size so I can play with them.

Top Bottom