What's new

What is The Best Truefitt & Hill Cologne?

There will be lots of disagreement here, but I'll put my vote in for 1805.

People complain that it's too much like other colognes (particularly Acqua di Gio), but to my nose it smells considerably better than any of the others it is always compared with.

Bottom line about 1805 is that it just smells good.

Second choice is Grafton. Nice scent, more masculine than 1805.

Third choice is WIL. Love the scent but it fades very quickly.

Fourth choice is Spanish Leather. Macho scent all the way, but quite nice.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I am also not a big fan of the T+H scents, but my choice would be Grafton, too. I like the shave cream and the balm, though.

Gentlemen,

With fragrance being a question of personal preference, I vote for Spanish Leather. This is complex combination of leather, bergamot and other intriguing fragrances. There is nothing like it. I have used it for years, that and Geo F Trumper's version of Spanish Leather, and will continue to do so.

Regards,

Obelit

Gentlemen,

With fragrance being a question of personal preference, I vote for Spanish Leather. This is complex combination of leather, bergamot and other intriguing fragrances. There is nothing like it. I have used it for years, that and Geo F Trumper's version of Spanish Leather, and will continue to do so.

Regards,

Obelit

Obelit has nailed this one. I like 1805 a lot, I really do. BUT, Spanish Leather is among my favorite scents across the board. I have a fair amount of cologne, and this one sits atop my rotation. It doesn't hurt that my wife absolutely swoons over this scent. Best of luck making your decision.

I am also not a big fan of the T+H scents, but my choice would be Grafton, too. I like the shave cream and the balm, though.

I should have clarified that I like the shave cream and balm, too. And I am a big fan of Grafton. Grafton seems like a great all around, all purpose scent to me. Works with a suit, but works for fairly casual, too. Nice boardroom stuff, without a completely dry power scent approach. Seems to appeal to lots of people, but does not smell just like everything else. Nothing too extreme.

I think there are similar-and-better options to 1805 and Freshman, a few others have struck me as nothing special, and I haven't tried Spanish Leather. So my vote goes to Grafton. Although, I think Grafton is missing something. Or maybe not. But I chose Douro over Grafton.

I think there are similar-and-better options to 1805 and Freshman, a few others have struck me as nothing special, and I haven't tried Spanish Leather. So my vote goes to Grafton. Although, I think Grafton is missing something. Or maybe not. But I chose Douro over Grafton.

<But I chose Douro over Grafton.>

Me, too. I like Grafton, but I do not love it, as I surely do Douro!

Out of the T&H sampler pack Grafton for sure stood out for me, the only reason I haven't bought the cologne is that the staying power for me seemed to be quite weak, has anyone else experienced this?

Recently bought a puck of 1805 great stuff with excellent performance scent wise I find it to be very mild perhaps a little to mild, I guess I'll have to try a sample pack first

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Recently bought a puck of 1805 great stuff with excellent performance scent wise I find it to be very mild perhaps a little to mild, I guess I'll have to try a sample pack first
1604762911963.png

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I just bought, as in yesterday, one of theft box sets with 1805, Sandalwood, and Apsley in it. Hopefully I'll like one of the 3 as I have no experience with any of them.

Gentlemen,

Regards,

Obelit
Same here. My fave of the T&H is Spanish Leather. I find Trumper's version to be stronger and longer lasting also. A little overpowering if not sprayed lightly for me.

Top Bottom