What's new

Opinions on DOVO/Merkur Brushes

DOVO/Merkur makes a line of brushes, but they're not much discussed here. I have the long handled silvertip brush that comes with the Futur set and like it pretty well. It's not the equal of my Rooney 3/1, but I'd say it's pretty close to the standards set by that brush: it takes a little longer to build lather, and it holds lather more tightly than the Rooney, but that's about it.

So—they're just not popular? Or have folks experienced problems/serious shortcomings with them? If the latter, should I expect problems with my long handled brush?

As i said before on the review thread you've just mentioned before if it wasn't the price it will be a perfect product.Anyway here in Europe the prices and markets are quite different...

That said my daily and exclusive brush those last months...Sometimes he losses 1 or 2 hairs per week (3 maybe?) but nothing serious i think. As a 21 mm knot it performs superbly.

I, like you, had the long-handled brush that comes with the Futur set. I liked it and used it periodically for a year or so in my rotation. It performed well and I don't recall it ever losing a single hair. I eventually sold it with the Futur and stand as a set. I would certainly buy one again, if the urge hit.

I have one of the white micarta handled ones. I'm sure it has the same bristles.
It has been in a rotation with 3 Shavemacs and 1 Rooney for about 7 years now.
I don't hink it has lost any hairs, at least that I've seen. It is a very good brush in my estimation.

I have a Silvertip/olivewood Dovo that I bought from BestGroomingTools.com.
I don't see them listed any more but... 21mm knot and ~55mm loft.
I've been extremely pleased with it. Huge bloom, almost unbelievably, sable collar style smooth when dry. But plenty of body for soap use and no shedding.
I'm a fan.

Top Bottom