What's new

Visiting San Francisco - know any good stores for shave stuff?

Gentlemen,

I'll be visiting SFO in a few weeks, and I was hoping any of you could give me some ideas of where I might find a good gentleman's shop or two for interesting shave products and/or accessories. Also on the lookout for a good cigarette case, and small flask.
I don't want to miss an opportunity to find new and unusual stuff for my various ADs. :o16: You can only go so far with a mall and chain stores.

Thanks!

A member recently posted about a possitive experience he had with a barber straight shave in SF. I can't find the thread right now, but you might want to look for it if you're interested in a shave.

Gump's is lacking right now. They apologized but they have very little Trumper's or Floris.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I was the member who posted about the incredible straight shave... it's at a place called MR. Barber shop, in the financial district. Ask for Daniel, he's awesome. They serve you beer while your face gets pampered! :thumbup:

Awesome! So many replies - thanks a lot, guys.
I'll be staying near Embarcadero Center, so I'll be sure to swing by On the Fly.
And I'll probably also check out Cable Car Clothiers.
And I'll make sure to take out a second mortgage after all of this. :)

Oh - and if Nancy Boy is nearby I'll probably check them out as well. I've tried a couple of their products; not bad except for the sharp mint scent, which has forced me to put them back in the drawer. But it might be a cool thing to have visited their shop.

Might also try my first barbershop shave. I'll try to put aside all of the Hitchcock and other stories I've watched or read before I lay back and let someone scrape a very sharp blade across my face. But it will top off the experience nicely!

Thanks again, and feel free to keep them coming, if any of you have any more suggestions!

In SFO now and I just stopped by On the Fly. Good suggestion - very nice shop, and nice people. Good selection of T&H creams, colognes, brushes, etc.
Picked up a T&H travel brush, some ultimate comfort cream, and a couple of free samples.
They have a nice online shop, too, as mentioned above.
I hope they continue to do well.

Also stopped by the L'Occitane shop around the corner from there for a small bar of verbena shea butter soap, and a small tube of Cade ASB.

Next up are Nancy Boy and Cable Car Clothiers, probably both tomorrow...

Last edited:
Top Bottom