What's new

Hypoallergenic creams/soaps?

I've been wetshaving for a month or so now, and I'm using a Merkur HD with Derby blades (thanks Goosemeplease!). I have used Taylor's Sandalwood, Classic soap in Sandalwood and Bay Rum, and some Honeybee Spa's Dragon's Blood Soap (thanks again Goose), all by themselves, or in various combinations. I notice it less with the Taylor's and Honeybee, but towards the end of my shave, I start to notice a burning sensation around my mouth and nose.

I have fairly dry skin with some eczema and acne, and various allergic tendencies (certain shampoos turn me into a pizzaface) and I was wondering if anyone knows of any mild, hypoallergenic soaps/creams that would be easier on my skin?

You can try Nancyboy signature shave cream & they have a money refund guarantee. The original formula is pretty good except I get some stinging with it & I have very sensitive skin. For some reason, I seem to have strange allergic reactions to most shave creams & soaps with rose, lilac, & avocado products.
HoneyBee Spa unscented shave soap is a great product also.
Proraso green does not bother my skin at all & this is a great shave cream.
I use the eshave white tea products & have no allergic reactions whatsoever & it smells fantastic! Tom's of Maine mint shave cream in a tube is a natural product & no allergic reactions either. The Proraso in the red tube causes some slight stinging; but it's got marigold in it.
I thought of trying either the Truefitt & Hill or the Art of Shaving unscented hypo-allerginic shave creams in the future. Maybe you can get some samples!
I got the eshave sampler pack for 5 bucks but had allergic reactions to them except for the white tea shave cream & white tea aftershave cream.
I can use the St. James shave cream by Taylor's but their rose, sandalwood, & avocado shave creams make me itch really bad before I can even start shaving.
I hope this helps!

M

modern man

I think you mean Mama Bear Sue Dragons blood, and well if you like that soap (as do I) but having a reaction to it, I suggest her Hypoallergenic soap :biggrin: or one of her Essential Oil soaps the dragons blood is made with Fragrance Oils and they can be rough for someone with a sensitivity.

Top Bottom