What's new

Entering a brave new world

So I had my first DE shave this morning. It was uneventful. No loss of blood though. Here's my gear:

1966 Gillette Superspeed TTO
Persona blades
Omega boar brush
Taylor's avocado cream.

I started after a hot shower. Soaked my brush in hot water while I prepared got my razor ready. Then I put some cream on the tip of the brush and worked up the lather in a mug. The cream didn't look nearly as nice as the stuff in the videos I've been watching. Maybe I didn't use enough water or cream, or didn't swirl it enough. I was impatient. Anyways, the shave was pretty good. I did two passes straight down my face and neck. Then rinsed it off with cold water, and splashed some witch hazel on my face.

Over all it went smoothly. Not much fuss. I guess the shave will get closer once I start shaving against the grain. I need to work on keeping the proper angle. It took less time than I expected though. Already thinking about the next brush I'm gonna buy!

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Welcome, they do get better as you build your skill and technique.
Congrats on your success. Keep us posted on your progress and welcome to B&B

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

That's a good start indeed!

Thanks guys. I'll keep reading the stickies and watching videos. Got a good feeling about this. Hopefully it takes care of my ingrown hairs.

yeah man, all it requires is dedication, attentiveness, and a healthy *** wallet once the AD's kick in....and lemme just tell ya SBAD is the most expensive, so get ready.....

Top Bottom