What's new

Honing services in Atlanta?

All,

I received a straight razor and strop recently for my birthday. Unfortunately, the blade is not sharp enough. It is pulling and tugging on my hair and leaving me with an irritated face.

Can anyone advise me on where to get the razor honed for a reasonable price? (Local to Atlanta would be nice, but I don't mind shipping.)

Thanks in advance.

I don't know of any in ATL, but contact Ray-Man on the site here. He's a great honer and a pleasure to work with. You'll be glad.

That's what it seems. I'd heard Leighton's name and good things about. Now, I see Leighton is in AZ as well. (Ray-Man) per my suggestion; is in AZ as well.

Personally, I'd rather use one of these guys on the board. Just search the posts, email a few members that have talked about them. You can get firsthand knowledge of their work. Walking into some knife shop where you live may wreak havoc. Albeit the "conveinence" may be nice, but getting back poor work, well that's just not cool.

Just saying that while you may find someone, nothing wrong with sending it out. These guys are great and passionate about what they do. They will be in touch with you constantly and take great care of your item(s).

I suggest Ray, because he is whom I've used and I was more than pleased. I cannot PERSONALLY make comment about anyone I have not used. You bet I was skeptical of sending out my razors at first. But, no worries, I was well taken care of.

Top Bottom