What's new

Razors to avoid like the plague

Hi Guys,

I have just received the full sampler pack from west coast shaving.... just wondering if theirs any razors not to even bother with? Such as Bic, don't they make nasty disposable razors? Just curious to hear any favorites, or ones you despise. I will report back with the good and bad (for myself)

I would venture to say no. Non of the West Coast Shaving blades are bad. That said, you will not like them all. But you will need to give them all a fair shot in whatever razor your using. By that I mean, each razor may work better with a different blade.

Maybe you can get a mod to change the title. The razors vs. blades thing can cause no end of confusion.

- Chris

Hi Guys,

I have just received the full sampler pack from west coast shaving.... just wondering if theirs any razors not to even bother with? Such as Bic, don't they make nasty disposable razors? Just curious to hear any favorites, or ones you despise. I will report back with the good and bad (for myself)

I would venture to say no. None of the West Coast Shaving blades are bad. That said, you will not like them all. But you will need to give them all a fair shot in whatever razor your using. By that I mean, each razor may work better with a different blade.

Hi Guys,

I would not base an assumption of a wetshaving/DE product to what that company is making in the mainstream market.

For example, Gillette. The same logic can be applied. Gillette blades/razors? Don't they make nasty fusion razors?

Gillette razors and various types of blades can be quite good.

So yes, bic makes disposable razors. They make pens. But they also make apparently well liked blades by many out there in the world. Are they for you? Who knows.

I doubt there is a product in shaving that every single person likes. Some think it is the best thing since sliced bread, perhaps even before the discovery of yeast! Others find that it is absolute trash, and does not measure up to bread making technology. :closedeye

Edit: In other words, any data collected in this thread will be useless. It will just instigate infighting (Gentlemanly or not). The only way to tell if you will like something or not, is to try it yourself.

Every shaving company makes disposables... The Bic blades are really nice and you won't know what you like unless you try it.

Try, try try them all and see what you like and try in different razors for what suits 1 does not suit the next 100, i like mekurs loads dont, i would say dorcos are the worst i ever tried, loads like them and this is the fun and learning curve when de shaving mixing up the blades with different razors to get the perfect shave so the best thing to do is have an open mind to every blade you have:a12:

What they said.
You can never tell how a certain blade will work for you. Merkur blades for instance seem to get more bad reviews than good, yet they still have many loyal users because they work for them. Bic DE blades are fairly well regarded by others and I find their disposable razors are the the very best among all brands of disposbles, especially the Metal Guard version. LetterK has assembled a comprehensive selection for the sampler packs and for a new DE shaver it could be worth trying every blade until one really shines.

Top Bottom