What's new

Another wet shave convert...

Hello, all!

I'm a brand-spankin' new wet shaver as of this week and I'm excited to find such a wealth of information on this site!

For ages I've had a heck of a time with using disposables or electric razors and never gave it much thought, but last month I visited an uncle who collects Gillete 3-piece razors. He shaves with his father's DE razor from the service, and both of his boys use similar models. After not being able to find the one brand of disposables that worked for me, I emailed him to ask for info on buying myself a DE. Lo, and behold, he sent me one of the duplicates from his collection!! :ohmy::001_tt1:

Suffice to say I'm overjoyed and am already enjoying a nice shave (and that's with the canned shaving cream. I'm planning to get some Bigelows this week)

In researching the razor, it would appear that it has the "common bar" handle from the New, with a head from a 3-piece Tech. Both appear to be brass. Later on I plan to share photos in the razor forum, as I curious as to whether or not this was a commercially made handle/head combo, or a franken-razor. (not that it matters too much. I'm just loving the fact that I have something from a family member with a bit of history)

yeh get on that bigelows....all the nice products that are out there are such a world of difference from all the stuff that comes in a can...just stick wit it and maintain enthusiasm and its gonna be alllll gooooodddd

Top Bottom