What's new

Alt Innsbruck?

One of my absolute faves. An alcohol-based splash with a really unique floral tobacco scent and a blast of menthol cooling that knocks your socks off (nigh unrivaled this side of the Joris aisle). The scent is very old-world central European--something I could imagine an Austro-Hungarian wearing. It lasts for a few hours on me, and I don't wear cologne after it...although sometimes I like to add a touch of Endymion balm on my neck to kick things up a notch. A wonderful combination of scents!

I think it's a splash everyone should try at some point. Double thumbs up! :thumbup:

Other than the wide-open bottle top that allows it to pour out, I love the stuff. It has a light bit of menthol and actually lists tobacco among the ingredients. It smells nothing like tobacco, though. Too bad its so pricey...$40/100ml is a bit much, IMO.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
One of the most unique items I have experienced in our "hobby". The menthol kick is quite stout... the lingering scent is tough to pair any other fragrance with although I have spritzed on some Floris Santal with it and it was indeed interesting. The bottle itself is interesting and simplified elegant. The wide mouth opening takes some getting used to because you really don't need the liberal splash it often wants to give. One more thing...if you are into SOTD photos, the bottle photographs well..the label is the perfect backdrop of color and design to spruce up your pic.

The others have done well in describing it. It is a very unique scent that lasts after use. I love the scent, but as others have said have trouble pairing it with any cologne. As such, I usually just use it without any other Edt. One item I would recommend as a "must try" at some point in your wetshaving journey.

I thought it smelled a lot like Tabac soap - moreso than Tabac aftershave does.

Too floral for me but the menthol is brilliant - especially when used with menthol cream like Ingram.

It's one of the only non-woods scents I can wear. I like it and, more importantly, the missus likes it.

The only thing that comes close in scent is the Austrian Pitralon "Original," and I don't like it nearly as much as I do the Alt.

Besides the Tabac comparison, what else would it compare to? How is it in comparison to Floid (Italian, classic)?

s.

Besides the Tabac comparison, what else would it compare to? How is it in comparison to Floid (Italian, classic)?

s.
It doesn't smell at all like Tabac on me, but it is sufficiently complimentary that I don't mind wearing it after shaving with Tabac. As I mentioned before, the only thing I'd smelled that came close was the Austrian Pitralon Original. Other folks with more scent experience have mentioned other tobacco-scented products, but I've not tried any beyond the Alt.

I've tried all four Floïds, and the only thing Alt has in common with these is the menthol. The scents are totally different. Even the Spanish Floïd Vigoroso can't touch the Alt for cooling power.

Thanks for all the postings. I've been converted--I'll put my superlather order in and bide my time until Mark gets back.

Top Bottom