What's new

SCS' new Bulgarian Rose

Sue at Saint Charles Shave has come out today with three outstanding new products, all with the same great scent, including a Bulgarian Rose Shaving Soap, After Shave Milk, and EdT. I was very pleased to see this announcement in my monthly news letter from SCS this morning. If you like "dark rose" scents along the lines of, for example, Czech & Speake #88, or Domenico Caraceni 1913, then you absolutely need to try these new "limited edition" products from Sue while they are still available. They are only being announced through the newsletter, and are not shown in the products on SCS website.

Many of you may recall the discussion that took place in the thread below starting a couple of months ago, and continued through mid-September. In the thread, which started as a discussion about C&S #88 shaving soap, Sue at SCS was asked by one of our fellow members if she could "replicate" the scent of C&S #88 in a shaving soap, or "come up with something 'inspired by'". As you can see in the thread, Sue took this request/project and ran very hard with it, in the process developing not only a shaving soap, but also an EdT and an After Shave Milk with matching scents. I enjoyed very much, along with some other gents, the opportunity to participate in testing these products during their development, and each of these are outstanding products in their own right.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=100261

Back some time before this thread started, after receiving a sample of Czech & Speake #88 EdT recently, which I loved, I tried other rose scent EdT's, including Domenico Caraceni 1913, L'Artisan Voleur de Roses, Czech & Speake Dark Rose, and Eau de Italie Paestum Rose, as well as SCS's Savory Rose. I would now compare the Bulgarian Rose to all of these collectively and say without hesitation that the Bulgarian Rose stands equal in quality to all of these. It's a dark rose scent, complex, with very strong sillage and longevity. To my nose, it may not be quite as "dark" as #88, but it's closer than the others I tried. As I said to Sue, though, I quit looking at the Bulgarian Rose as a replacement for #88, but rather as a product that I like on it's own merits. It's enough for me to think of it as being in the same "family" as the others, and every bit as good, with it's own unique, brilliant blend. I love the scent, the powerful sillage (be careful to not over apply!), and the longevity.

The shaving soap and after shave milk are also high quality products, with the same great scent, but unfortunately for me, the oils in these two items conflict with my highly sensitive skin. But that's true for me with nearly all scented shaving soaps, creams and aftershave products. All those things that go directly on my face during and immediately after shaving. So unless you are one of the unfortunate very few like me who have to be so careful, I'd encourage you to try these two items, too.

And Sue's prices, including shipping, blow the others listed above away at $23/1 oz for the EdT, $14/3 oz for the shaving soap, and $17/2 oz for the ASM. The EdT is priced at about what some 1/3 oz sample decants cost!

I'm going to post this in each of the cologne, shaving soap and after shave forums, so folks interested in each of the three products will be aware of their availability, and hope others who tested these will comment, too.

Thank you, Sue, for "answering the call" with such great products!

:cool:

very nice review Randy, worked my interest in the ASM, already tried the soap, not for me, wish they had that in cream, do they?

thanks

According to the newsletter, they are only available now in the EdT, shaving soap and after shave milk. And they are described as "limited edition" products.

:cool:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
very nice review Randy, worked my interest in the ASM, already tried the soap, not for me, wish they had that in cream, do they?

thanks

The ASM is superb! Like you, I am purely a cream guy, but this is a soap I will get for myself - the first one I buy.

Top Bottom