What's new

Recommendations for a Thermos?

Recommendations for a Thermos?

I figured why waste $2 on campus coffee when I can have french press all day. What are some recommendations for a thermos, especially something with a seal tight lid that I can throw in a bookbag/knapsack without any specific cup holders?

Depending upon how much coffee you drink; Stanley, Aladdin (Thermos), any of the stainless steel varieties should serve you well.

<20oz should be more than enough.

I'll check out some of the brands y'all recommended.

Thanks!

I picked up a cheap "THERMOcafe by Thermos" branded steel one at Walmart not too long ago. Really simple screw-in top with a silicone o-ring.

For years I rocked a nice EMS one with the button valve at the top and everything, but from using powdered creamer for a long time, a nasty funk built up in the valve.

I also HIGHLY recommend the OXO mug with the button at the top. I picked up a steel one after one too many drops cracked open my plastic one.

I've had a Thermos brand, stainless steel bottle since I was 13 (I'm now 32) it's survived falls from tree stands sub zero weather, and being used as a hammer on occasion lol. It still will keep coffee warm for over 24 hours if you pre heat it and keep it full.
I've seen family members with Stanley thermoses that are older then I am, I'd back them up too, though the plastic stoppers are prone to breakage on all of them, at least with the stanley's they're replacable.

I have all kinds of different Nissan flasks that I've picked up over the years and they work great. I left one large one full of hot tea in my car on a Friday night in Buffalo in the dead of winter. When I got back to my car on Sunday morning, it was still pretty hot. My only complaint would be that their cap/cups are less durable than the bottle itself.

Stanley is also a classic. Very sturdy, looks cool

Top Bottom