What's new

BIC... a new affair

Well I bought a pack of 15 or 20 razors, can't remember which, for 2 dollars the other day, just because I was wanting to see which one I liked better, the Metals or the Originals (or for that matter if there was any difference).

The Originals do shave differently. Both work great, and I actually lean toward the shave of the Original when it comes to closeness and comfort. I did a little google search on them to see the average life span of one of these babies, couldn't come up with anything on that, but I did find alot of people bashing them. Presumably they didn't know how to use a rigid handled device and they just carved into their skin.

For anyone already experienced with a DE, these BICS are a a no brainer, no transition to them required. I can get only two good shaves from one of them, the third is stretching it though. That's the only dissapointing factor to them. In good news, I like them better than the metals, but probably won't be buying anymore because they don't last as long as a DE blade (probably because the two sides and quality of steel). It is great to know that I can get just as good a shave from one of these as my DE, so when I travel or am stuck somewhere I know I can get these handy little tools for next to nothing. pssst.. I actually like using them too!! Imagine that.

Two shaves have been my limit on the BIC Metals as well. They're actually a pretty good travel razor and sometimes I'll use one if I just need a really quick shave. I've not shaved with a BIC Original in years, so I can't really comment on them, but I might pick up a pack and give them a whirl sometime.

definately bob, if you get stuck somewhere give them a shot. you might be surprised that you actually like them. i REALLY like them ever since my Christmas vacation started earlier this month. and like i said one of the main attractive features is that they can be had anywhere. i think if i would have tried them a few years ago without my prior DE experience then my shaves with them would have been horrible.

but like i mentioned before, i think anyone that can use a DE can also use the bics with no problem. have yet to try the sensitives, but the originals and metals work fine. (originals i like over metals, slightly, thought the shaves are fairly similar).

I prefer the Bic Metal myself. Probably since I had a few packs when I was a teenager, and used those when I ran out of cartridges for my Trac II.

I lived in the middle of nowhere at the time, so I only bought cartridges when I had a reason to drive that far....so the Metals I got every christmas were my holdovers. I got about 3-4 shaves out of them each...but my beard was nowhere near as dense as it is now.

My Christmas Day shave was using a BIC Metal along with some Palmolive [Red Tube] Shave Cream. Kinda' reminded me of the 70's somewhat. No frills, just a nice comfortable shave...very enjoyable!

I actually got into the DE/Injectors again because the Bics I had been using for years suddenly disappeared from the shelves. I don't care for the original Bic, but liked the Metal and their 2nd generation single blade razor. The low end 2 bladed ones with the fixed head are OK. I stocked up on those right before I found out that DE and Injectors are still alive and well! I guess I have Bic to thank for my moving officially to wet shaving! I refuse to pay the $ for current cartridge blades! Long live DE and Injector Razors/blades!!!

Norm

Top Bottom