What's new

Is this proper stropping technique?

Agreed that the razor is first class. Love the Filly with white scales.

One way this guy gets away with poor technique is that he's using a razor that could be sharp enough to shave someone's face and using it to shave the hair on the back of his head, where the standards for sharpness are much lower. The hair that grows on the back of your head is simply NOT the same in structure as the hair growing out of your cheeks and chin. So he's putting a terrible, dull edge on that razor and then using it to do a haircut. With a properly honed and stropped "shave ready" razor, he could finish that haircut in about a minute.

Bad stuff there.

Of course, if it were a well known Italian bladesmith, the comments would be "oh, I guess those techniques work when you're that good..." etc, etc....

:001_rolle

Bad stuff there.

Of course, if it were a well known Italian bladesmith, the comments would be "oh, I guess those techniques work when you're that good..." etc, etc....

:001_rolle
I'm a noob, and I can tell a major difference between Livi's technique and this guy. Livi does not lift the spine and roll the edge. The way this guy is stropping is more like how the character in Inglourious Basterds was stropping his knife on a belt...

ARGH!!! This video made me clench my teeth while watching it! :scared:
Okay I don't know how to strop yet (though I know this is WRONG) but looking at him giving the cut to the guy... well this I know about and that is NOT how you use a straight razor to cut hair!!!
I'm surprised the guy wasn't bleeding!
:death:

WOW! I had no idea you could go straight from a 250 grit *** hone to the strop then strop really slow to while taking care to roll the edge!
I've been buggering about all the way up to the Thuringian! What a waste of my time!

Top Bottom