What's new

Lightwave oven, SolarDOM, Turbo Ovens

Hello All,

i was wanting some advice on these types of ovens i feel very confused by all of them. Basically i want a Quick oven which is reliable both myself and my wife work full time so time is of the essence but we love out food.
Firstly i am in australia so that limits my choices

Some of the ones we have been looking at are
http://www.lge.com/au/kitchen-appliances/lightwave-ovens/LG-MP-9485SA.jsp

http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/...ppliances&subtype=oven&model_cd=CQ138SC-G/XSA

not set on brands etc, any help would be greatly appreciated especially any comments positive of Negative on these devices

thanks in advance

Sorry, but I am unfamiliar with either of those options.

I do however love to eat and generally know my way around the kitchen.

These things probably work great, but for me they are more in the gadget category than the serious kitchen tool category.

Having a convection oven along with a microwave is probably not a bad thing, but it would be hard for me to believe it would be that much more convenient than a standard convection oven and a separate microwave.

Years ago, we had a microwave with an electric broiler element in it and I am not sure the broiler ever got used.

We use our microwave a fair amount, but it is for heating things up. My wife has a pretty good recipe for chicken and dumplings, but we only have that about once per year.

For that matter, how many things do you really cook in an oven anyway. We do not use ours once a week for cooking meat or side dishes. It gets used for baking things things like cookies.

A slow cooker (crock pot) is probably handy for a working couple as is a good quality grill.

If you are going for quick you can probably do better with quick stir-fries, grilling and preparing things ahead that can be taken out of the freezer and warmed up.

A slow cooker (crock pot) is probably handy for a working couple as is a good quality grill.

+1

A slow-cooker is essential for my Batchelor pad, along with a George Foreman Grill and a (convection) Toaster Oven.

A small electric rice cooker is handy, too, as you can prepare enough rice for the whole day's eating and keep it warm until the next meal. You can steam vegetables in it simultaneously. You can get the simple On/Off kind, or a Fuzzy-Logic model such as the Sanyo will let you set it up ahead of time and have fresh rice waiting for you when you get home. It is also programmed to handle different types of rice like Brown, Sushi, sprouted rice, porridge, and oatmeal.

A solar oven is a cool idea, very eco-friendly ... but what do you do if its cloudy outside? And on those bright, sunny days, you may over-cook your food.

Top Bottom