What's new

Anybody ever use a shampoo bar?

I never heard of such a concept till I frequented these shaving forums. Are they an improvement upon bottled shampoo? Do they eliminated the need for a conditioner? Are they long lasting? Thanks in advance.

Yes. In the army. The only thing good about it was there was nothing to leak and I could use it to scrub my clothes to clean them as well. The bar was sooo hard I had to pre-soak it to soften it up a little because otherwise it made my hair fall out.

I have started to try out a shampoo/conditioner bar within the last month. So far the experience has been excelent. The bar I have been using is the "The Soap Works - Shampoo & Conditioner" bar. I have had a great experience with it. It has not been too drying and had left my hair in perfect shape and I have had no reason to explore anything else.

I have started to try out a shampoo/conditioner bar within the last month. So far the experience has been excelent. The bar I have been using is the "The Soap Works - Shampoo & Conditioner" bar. I have had a great experience with it. It has not been too drying and had left my hair in perfect shape and I have had no reason to explore anything else.

Where did you get this bar? JR. Liggett? His bars don't say conditioner on them but claim that you don't need a conditioner with them because their soaps don't have detergents.

I have not tried the JR Liggett but have heard that people love it. I think there is a post on here somewhere about it. I found the "The Soap Works" bar at a local health food store. They have an online site and I think you can order directly from them. I think I paid about $3 for the bar. It looks like it is going to last me a while to so extremely economical.

I have not tried the JR Liggett but have heard that people love it. I think there is a post on here somewhere about it. I found the "The Soap Works" bar at a local health food store. They have an online site and I think you can order directly from them. I think I paid about $3 for the bar. It looks like it is going to last me a while to so extremely economical.

How do you dry it?

Top Bottom