What's new

Finally have a personna injector - what blades?

I've read here that personna blades don't work well in a schick injector.

I want to try the reverse. I have a bunch of schick blades. Are they troublesome in a personna injector razor?

Schick blades have worked fine in my Personna Injector, especially the Made in USA models. Do you have the adjustable Personna? They can be tricky - the L and H setting never make sense to me. I ended up keeping it set in the middle.

...Ray

Nope, not adjustable. At least not this one. I just got a Pal adjustable injector too, but wanted to try the regular one first.

And thanks for answering quickly! I had a towel on while waiting, so I was ready to go.

It was all right. Liked it better than the schick injector. Probably won't be a regular rotation razor but we'll see. The injectors just 'feel' more like a disposable bic than I like. If I can't shake that feeling, I don't see myself falling in love with injectors.

The injectors just 'feel' more like a disposable bic than I like. If I can't shake that feeling, I don't see myself falling in love with injectors.

The few times I have used an Injector felt very much akin to the experience of using a cartridge razor, although I do like the much more compact head, which is able to get into tight areas with ease. :tongue_sm

I've read here that personna blades don't work well in a schick injector.

I want to try the reverse. I have a bunch of schick blades. Are they troublesome in a personna injector razor?

The problem with the Personna injector blades has everything to do with the injector housing and nothing to do with the blades themselves (this seems to apply to the Pella/EMS injectors as well). The key-to-blade relationship seems to be dimensionally off, making the blades difficult to inject into certain model razors. Ironically enough, the most finicky razor I found for this was the Personna injector razor.

A workaround is to withdraw the injector key 1/8'' - 1/4" so that the blade has a gap span. That gap can allow it to twist a little as it makes its way into the razor.

- Chris

The personna injector, despite being very light, is a very well designed and capable razor. I find that both Schick and Personna blades work well in it, though like Chris mentioned, the personna blades can be difficult to insert.

Top Bottom