What's new

Cologne Samples

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I'm not certain why bean counters take the blame. Speaking as a bean counter, I appreciate things that increase the top line (sales). I'm not sure if I've ever heard of a company that cost cut their way to prosperity

You can't just go in with your hand extended
Correct.

I find I have my best success when I share my scent experiences with the sales clerk, show a little fragrance knowledge, list a couple colognes in my wardrobe, explain my likes and dislikes and those of my wife - then challenge the clerk to pique my interest.

Most of the time - using that exact technique - I'll get a bunch of samples. Recently I walked away from the Creed counter at Neiman Marcus with a 10ml roll-on glass bottle filled to the brim with Citrus Bigarrade AS A FREE SAMPLE, in addition to several official Creed sample card vials and others that they made on the spot.

If your buying samples/decants, I HIGHLY recommend NOT buying from theperfumedcourt.com. Their prices are extremely high vs. individual sellers. I mean 2-3x as high. I'd say the only reason to buy from them is if your having trouble finding samples from other sellers.

I know I might take some heat for this...but I'm a college student and cost is critical for me. I'm not buying a 1ml sample for the same price as I can for 2.5ml samples.

Last edited:
I know I might take some heat for this...but I'm a college student and cost is critical for me. I'm not buying a 1ml sample for the same price as I can for 2.5ml samples.

No heat here, but where are some places that can sell a 2.5 for the price of a 1? I've only run into a couple, so would love to be directed to more.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Mudassir is a fine gentleman and I highly recommend him for obtaining decants. Fragrances are his hobby, and his passion for them is similar to the passion many of us have for wet-shaving.

:cool:

Jakespoppy is right, this gentleman has a lot of decants with fast responses. Check his assortment.

Another recommendation of Mudassir. He comes through as a professional and I am enjoying several 10 ml decants that I purchased from him. His prices and shipping are very reasonable and the decants were nicely prepared with printed labels. I will be going back to him when I find some more fragrances that I want a decant of and not a full bottle.

Another recommendation of Mudassir. He comes through as a professional and I am enjoying several 10 ml decants that I purchased from him. His prices and shipping are very reasonable and the decants were nicely prepared with printed labels. I will be going back to him when I find some more fragrances that I want a decant of and not a full bottle.

+1 Again (not like he needs more support here). I've spent a couple hundred bucks on samples from him the past couple months and can't wait to get the new pack I ordered (hopefully next week!)

I just got a couple of nice sized samples from Penhaligon's (for free) the other day.

I simply asked how I could purchase some samples to find the scent I like best before I ordered a bottle...

Correct.

I find I have my best success when I share my scent experiences with the sales clerk, show a little fragrance knowledge, list a couple colognes in my wardrobe, explain my likes and dislikes and those of my wife - then challenge the clerk to pique my interest.

+1 When you show a bit of knowledge, they'll stop trying to foist the "scent of the day" in your face. Build a bit of rapport and it'll go a long way. Especially in the higher end joints.

I always get leery of SAs I don't recognize since I haunt a lot of these joints regularly. As many of you may know, perfume and/or men's skin care/shave product companies very often plant a free "employee" in stores. They'll be "helpful" but suddenly steer you into their line. I've run into that a lot in L.A. Zirh was and still is very aggressive with that. Probably why they are still around.

No heat here, but where are some places that can sell a 2.5 for the price of a 1? I've only run into a couple, so would love to be directed to more.

Individual sellers on forums and whatnot. Obviously, they are hard to find with all the goofy bans on basenotes and eBay, but I found a few on some different obscure forums. Just google for it.

Top Bottom