New silvertip badger brush choose between Omega - Kent - Muhle

New silvertip badger brush choose between Omega - Kent - Muhle

• OMEGA silvertip badger shaving brush 618

• G B Kent BK4 Ivory Shaving Brush

• Muhle No. 091 K 257 classic style silver tip shaving brush

• choose another

Results are only viewable after voting.
proxy.php

I'm thinking to buy a new brush, around 70$ and I'm between this three brushes.

OMEGA silvertip badger shaving brush 618

G B Kent BK4 Ivory Shaving Brush

Muhle No. 091 K 257 classic style silver tip shaving brush

Which one to choose? Choose another?

Thank you for your responses!

I do have very , very good experience with the Muhle.
Also think the shape of the handle is better than the Kent brush.

For that price range, I recommend a Rooney 1/1 in Super Silvertip or a custom short-loft Shavemac in Finest grade. Don't get too hung up on silvertip. Shavemac Finest is one of the best values out there.

-Andy

I vote Muhle. BTW I really get annoyed with the Omega stands...they always seem to leave a rust mark on the vanity after only a short period of time which causes SWMBO to freak out!

Kent - I have never had a problem lathering any soap or cream with my BK4... plus the handle shape is very easy to grasp on to.... and you get a little red case!

Regards,
Chase

If you've been reading my thread about my Kent BK4 (with allopecia) and its resolution, how could you ever think I'd vote for anything but a Kent brush? (Plus, you get that great presentation box!)

Are you looking for a floppy(-ish) or firm(-ish) brush? I like firm brushes, use only soap, and face lather, hence my two recommendations above.

-Andy

Kent BK4 all the way. I mostly use creams and my Kent has never let me down. Plus the case it comes in is really cool, it makes you feel you really got your money's worth.

For that price range, I recommend a Rooney 1/1 in Super Silvertip or a custom short-loft Shavemac in Finest grade. Don't get too hung up on silvertip. Shavemac Finest is one of the best values out there.

-Andy

Are you looking for a floppy(-ish) or firm(-ish) brush? I like firm brushes, use only soap, and face lather, hence my two recommendations above.

-Andy

About your question, yes, I like firm brushes. Is this the one you recommend?

http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/item/2053630/2182721.htm

http://www.vintagebladesllc.com/vshop/xcart/product.php?productid=470&cat=153&page=1

If you've been reading my thread about my Kent BK4 (with allopecia) and its resolution, how could you ever think I'd vote for anything but a Kent brush? (Plus, you get that great presentation box!)

I read that post and now I'm worried about the allopecia. Is It usual that Kent brushes lost hair?

Thank you to everybody!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I voted for Muhle, it's my daily brush and I love it!

I read that post and now I'm worried about the allopecia. Is It usual that Kent brushes lost hair?

Not usual at all, and given that they just replaced my brush with no questions asked, for me at least it's a no-brainer.

I see that you do prefer a more "firm-ish" brush, though, and while the BK4 is not Vulfix-floppy, it has less backbone than most. That doesn't stop it from being a lather machine with either soaps or creams for me, but as always, YMMV...

Top Bottom