What's new

The Sammich Thread

How about that most noble sandwich of all? The bacon butty! A nice crisp ciabatta roll makes a good start but regular old sliced bread is perfectly simple. Then the most important part(well next to the bacon:wink:); a nice, generous slathering of butter on each slice of bread and then the bacon. Now you can use regular old streaky rashers here in the States but do yourself a favour and get some back bacon from a butcher. About 1/4" thick is perfect. Fry till well done and enjoy on the buttered bread. I like it either smoked or plain, hot or cold though there are those who will argue somewhat intensely that it should be one or the other. It is the king of all sandwiches. Period. And remember, BUTTER, not that God cursed margarine.

Regards, Todd

Last edited:
Here's an article that proves it.:lol::lol: Bacon Butty
These little delights are grand with HP sauce and remember, HP sauce is one of God's gifts to humanity. Even though it is lately made in Holland or Denmark or wherever they moved it. I have enough bottles stashed away to last me another year or so.

Regards, Todd

Don't forget the Monte Cristo. When done right, it's a sammich you can eat and then lean back in your chair and remember like your first true love.

Top Bottom