What's new

Joseph Elliot Tang ?

Had the good fortune to pick up a 5/8 m/l with barber's notch Joseph Elliot for restoration at an antique shop. Sorry, no photos - don't have that technology. The scales (original, I'm sure) are shot, but a little sanding proves the blade to be in pretty good condition. I find the tang to be very short on this. It doesn't appear to have been altered or ground down. Is this par for the course with this brand?

Thanks,

Les

ive a couple of elliots, and something of a soft spot for them - they made lots of different shapes and configurations

Thanks for your responses. Yes, I would call this one "stubby." I should have stated in my original post that it's 13/16 of an inch from centre of pin to end of tang. It's stamped "Fine India Steel" as opposed to the "Silver Steel" stamps I've seen on other examples I've researched on the forums.

I also picked up a nice 13/16" Wade & Butcher's "Barbers Use" at the same time. Both are sanding down beautifully with 400 grit wet/dry and I'm starting to think about scale materials.

Let me tell you, fellows, my bank account and I are teetering at the top of a long, slippery slope. The bug bit hard and there's a little antique meet about an hour and a half south of here this afternoon... :biggrin:

Regards,

Les

Top Bottom