What's new

Ever ready model numbers -- post your numbers here

Dang!

I've got my work cut out for me putting all of these in the spreadsheet :lol:.

You've definitely taken on an ambitious project! I was hoping to find a timetable/chart for Ever-Ready brushes similar to the ones assembled for the Gillette and Schick razors. What you've assembled so far is the only one I've found. Ever-Ready is now part of Personna American Safety Razor, and their website does have a timeline. But it's an entire company timeline that only reveals that Gem and Ever-ready merged in 1912 and Ever-Ready brushes were produced starting in 1915. (please forgive the repetition if you've already seen this) As for the brush production alone, nothing other than that one of their first offerings was a pure badger brush sold along with a gold plated razor for $1.29! I have no clue what $1.29 in 1915 would be equivalent to in today's money, but It sounds like that would have been a luxury item. Maybe some P.R. guy at Personna ASR could dig up some record of the various brushes produced?

You've definitely taken on an ambitious project! I was hoping to find a timetable/chart for Ever-Ready brushes similar to the ones assembled for the Gillette and Schick razors. What you've assembled so far is the only one I've found. Ever-Ready is now part of Personna American Safety Razor, and their website does have a timeline. But it's an entire company timeline that only reveals that Gem and Ever-ready merged in 1912 and Ever-Ready brushes were produced starting in 1915. (please forgive the repetition if you've already seen this) As for the brush production alone, nothing other than that one of their first offerings was a pure badger brush sold along with a gold plated razor for $1.29! I have no clue what $1.29 in 1915 would be equivalent to in today's money, but It sounds like that would have been a luxury item. Maybe some P.R. guy at Personna ASR could dig up some record of the various brushes produced?

Yes, like the Gillette Date codes! That's exactly what I was hoping we could eventually piece together, though most likely we would not be able to narrow down dates very well, only model numbers and styles. We may be able to figure out a rough timeline though based on handle materials and variations in the styling. Even more so if we can get a line from the folks at ASR.

This ASR timeline is an awesome idea. I'm thinking that either myself or someone else here should definitely pursue at least sending them an email about it.

That spreadsheet is editable by all by the way. Anyone who wants to get in on the action can!

For now, I may have found another clue! I got another Ever ready 150 with the handle style like my Great Grandfather's brush (not the 150B I had which sadly is no more, and the other 150 with a slightly different bottom, that actually looks cooler...).

For two identically shaped 150s, the brushes are different. My great grandfather's brush has "Ever Ready Guaranteed" stamped on it, the new one does not. The bottoms of the brushes are also different! One has ever ready stamped on it, the other does not!

The Personna ASR website has a feedback form. When you click on it, you can send an email to any department you click onto. I sent a polite message to the PR dept. asking if there were any existing records that chronicle the production of the various models and correlate model numbers to the actual variations. I received an instant reply thanking me for the inquiry. If they get back to me with any information, I'll quickly share it.

I've got a couple of unique EverReady brushes that I got NOS. One is a 750 that was marked 'pure badger' that is as soft and luxurious as any silvertip I've owned. This are a wonderful brush, and a joy to use.

I'll have to hunt up the other one. It's a 'pure badger' travel brush with an ivory colored handle and matching vented container. The brush is about the same size as the 'Wee-Scot'. It was NOS; I've used it a few times, and surprisingly, for a very small brush, it worked quite well.

Based on the printing on the boxes they came in, I suspect they were a product of the '50s. The boxes were tattered and the wife subsequently threw them out. :crying:

I'll post some photos, but it'll be the weekend before I get to it.

-- John Gehman

Another contribution.
Ever-Ready 150E
This was the first brush I purchased off of the Bay. The sad part? The brush was in excellent shape! I had no Idea what I had and cut the knot off to be restored some day! O-well, we all learn.
I do not know what this was made for, but I have not seen another with a D-ring handle. I am sure there are others, but I have not seen one. I have always been curious what it was made to hang off of. The green portion is very opaque, and you can easily see light through it. I attempted to show that in the last picture.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Another contribution.
Ever-Ready 150E
This was the first brush I purchased off of the Bay. The sad part? The brush was in excellent shape! I had no Idea what I had and cut the knot off to be restored some day! O-well, we all learn.
I do not know what this was made for, but I have not seen another with a D-ring handle. I am sure there are others, but I have not seen one. I have always been curious what it was made to hang off of. The green portion is very opaque, and you can easily see light through it. I attempted to show that in the last picture.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Wow, that is a gorgeous handle! Very nice hanging stand too.

Really nice project you guys have going on here, I will take a picture of my brush when I get home.

This was an Ever Ready 200 that I sold on the BST - it had Boar bristles when I got it:
proxy.php

The brush in this SOTD is an Ever Ready 100 in Cream and Slate Blue - also Boar when I got it:
attachment.php

Last edited:
Okey, this is my brush:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Knot type: Badger
Name: 300PBT
knot: 16mm
loft: 50mm
total height:105mm

Are you sure the knot is only 16mm? That seems a bit small, might it be 18mm? My guess is the 200T is always boar (since it's 20mm) and the 300T (all I have seen also have a B in them), is badger and 18mm. The 20mm badger brushes probably come later in the model numbers. All a guess of course.

Are you sure the knot is only 16mm? That seems a bit small, might it be 18mm? My guess is the 200T is always boar (since it's 20mm) and the 300T (all I have seen also have a B in them), is badger and 18mm. The 20mm badger brushes probably come later in the model numbers. All a guess of course.

I know it is really small, but judge for yourself:

proxy.php

proxy.php

maybe it's 17mm if that exists, whatever the case they where really cheap on the badger hair.:001_smile

Edit: Sorry for the blurry second picture, jst couldn't get a good shot with the flash.

I know it is really small, but judge for yourself:

maybe it's 17mm if that exists, whatever the case they where really cheap on the badger hair.:001_smile

Yeah, I used to have a couple of those, as well. They're really skinny, floppy knots. They're cool looking, but hard to restore, if you don't like the original knot. :-/

Vitaman - What did you use to restore the white to the lettering?

Hey Guys, here's another one. I'm assuming this is Model 500 as it is the number on the end of the handle.

Handle Height: 2.25 inches
Total Height: 4.25 inches

Markings:

Ever-Ready
SET IN RUBBER
STERILIZED

opposite side:

BADGER AND BRISTLES
MADE IN U.S.A.

end of handle:

The box still has the price tag on it of $5.00. It was purchased at E.W. Edward & Son

Here's some pictures

Attachments

• $SS8511217.jpg
    $SS8511217.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 2,113
  • $SS8511125.jpg
    $SS8511125.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 2,110
  • $SS851135.jpg
    $SS851135.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 2,097
Last edited:
Hey Guys, here's another one. I'm assuming this is Model 500 as it is the number on the end of the handle.

Handle Height: 2.25 inches
Total Height: 4.25 inches

Markings:

Ever-Ready
SET IN RUBBER
STERILIZED

opposite side:

BADGER AND BRISTLES
MADE IN U.S.A.

end of handle:

The box still has the price tag on it of $5.00. It was purchased at E.W. Edward & Son

Here's some pictures

Now, to find one in red :drool:. :lol:

I need to update the spreadsheet! Keep 'em coming guys! This thread is setting of SBAD, and in the worst way. Fortunately, I'm not going to buy anything :w00t:.

Once I get my camera working and find a metric ruler I'll give you photos and measurements. I have two that so far haven't been listed in this thread.

1. First one is two tone with black rubber on the top and cream color on the bottom half. On the black part it says "Badget-lon by EverReady" and on the bottom it says "400 BN Badger and Nylon." It really is a combination of the two with badger hair around the outside and some kind of nylon filament stuff in the center.

2. The second one is all beige in color and on the side says "EverReady Made in the USA Pure Badger." On the bottom is stamped 2000. It is tall and kind of vase shaped (and seems to be the same kind of material as the 1000 that someone else listed).

Last edited:
last year i read that the numbers on ever ready brush were the suggested retail price

that would mean you can have 2 brushes that are the same but with different numbers

like a 100 in 1946 and a 200 in 1956 that are the same model but sold $1.00 or $2.00

I have two of 100s, the first, blue top, white base was my grandfathers, no idea how old it is, except probably 1930s or before. It is marked 'irreg', maybe bought during the Depression? The other, white top, black bottom, is a 100T. My wife bought a mug and this brush from an 'antique' store in the mid-1980s. I sterilized the brush and used it until 3 years ago. Let me tell you, it takes a reeeeal man to use a brush in such worn-out condition. Thanks to this website, I have moved on to bigger and much better brushes.

The mug is a mystery...it has his name on it but the symbols inside the circle must mean something. Anyone have any ideas?

I have been toying with replacing the hair on my grandfather's brush but have been reluctant as I do not want to destroy it. Brush has sentimental value but it would be nice to use it. The choices one has to make..
.View attachment 72593

View attachment 72594

View attachment 72595

View attachment 72596

Top Bottom