What's new

Ever ready model numbers -- post your numbers here

I have recently found two shaving brushes that were in my family for quite a long time. I'm guessing that they are 50 - 100 years old, since I am certain that they belonged to my great-grandfather.

Here's what I can read on the brushes:

Ever-Ready
SET IN RUBBER
150J
STERILIZED PURE BADGER
A

and

HARDRIGHT
MARK
Genuine Sterillo Bristle
HARCO HANDLE
5XA STERILIZED

Any advice, suggestions, recommendations, etc. will be gladly welcomed.

Thanks!

$IMG_1057.jpg$IMG_1058.jpg$IMG_1059.jpg$IMG_1060.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike H

Instagram Famous
The sentimental value, would be for me, worth a lot more than the resale value. Probably from the late 1920's to the mid 1940's.

Here is an Ever-Ready 250 in the concentric circle, Art Deco style-called the beehive style by many. It has been featured in this thread twice previously, but without hallmarking details. It is made of cast and machined Catalin, and is a solid core handle. The original brush was banded badger hair and boar bristle, as pure badger hair brushes were expensive and difficult to obtain, as the hair was sourced from northern China. Due to the hostilities and later Japanese occupation prior to and during World War II-boar and horsehair was a more common and less expensive alternative. Although the brush has been restored, it was restored to best replicate the original brush, using a similar if not identical Omega 20mm banded badger hair and boar bristle knot. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown $McNess 659 Plastiset Hard Rubber with Butterscotch Catlin Base; Ever-Ready 250 Badger and Bristl.JP$Ever-Ready 250 Badger and Bristle Shaving Brush Art Deco Restored Makers Stamp Front View.JPG$Ever-Ready 250 Badger and Bristle  Shaving Brush Art Deco handle Base Detail.JPGView attachment 608426

I know these are pretty common, but these are mine. I picked them up at a local flea market for $2.00 each. The 200t came with an old shaving mug with flowers on it and the 100t looks new.
$20151120_130039.jpg
$20151120_130128.jpg

proxy.php

This was my first restore and the product I used to set the knot pushed it out of the handle a little but as it cured, hence the white ring, but I'm glad it did. It's original seeing would have been too deep

I picked up a new old stock Ever-Ready shave brush with 2000 printed on the bottom. It's beautiful, and I'm trying to determine it's age and also it's value.
$image.jpg

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 128
Acquired today at a vintage mall.

Ever-Ready 400 - solid green catalin handle (height = 57mm)

Looks really nice back lit

"Badger and Bristles" ??

-jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom