What's new

Ever ready model numbers -- post your numbers here

Ever Ready 928N Pure Badger "Hard Rubber Grip". At the bottom it reads: Made in the U.S.A., Sterilized.

The bottom part is orange. Here are the dimensions:

Handle Height: 38mm
Handle Base: 12mm
Hair Loft: 37mm
Hair Knot: about 18mm

The knot is dense, slightly floppy yet prickly. The handle is ergonomic and well designed.

Attachments

• $IMG_0732.jpg
    $IMG_0732.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 595
  • $IMG_0730.jpg
    $IMG_0730.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 596
  • $IMG_0733.jpg
    $IMG_0733.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 602
  • $IMG_0729.jpg
    $IMG_0729.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 601
Last edited:
Ever Ready 928N Pure Badger "Hard Rubber Grip". At the bottom it reads: Made in the U.S.A., Sterilized.

The bottom part is orange. Here are the dimensions:

Handle Height: 38mm
Handle Base: 12mm
Hair Loft: 37mm
Hair Knot: about 18mm

The knot is dense, slightly floppy yet prickly. The handle is ergonomic and well designed.

Very nice brush. Hope you can repair the bottom part.

I'm sorry I can't add a number but I found this brush today "Ever~Ready Hard Rubber Grip Made In Canada" what I found rather interesting is the bottom part of the handle is bone.

Attachments

• $IMG_0065.jpg
    $IMG_0065.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 555

Mike H

Instagram Famous
While I still hope to apply some gentlemanly restraint, I no longer qualify for the 2012 sabbatical.
View attachment 218305
Ever Ready 69
Handle 50mm
Knot 23mm
Originally set with 48mm? boar,
replaced with a 20mm TGN Finest set at 47mm

How could I resist? I have the razor to match!
View attachment 218293

Last edited:
I didn't measure the Ever-Ready I restored before restoration. After restoration, my E-R 501L Clear, Ribbed Lucite measures 110mm overall and has a 62mm loft after an install of a 22mm diameter Super Silvertip badger knot from TGN. here's a pre-bloom pic:

View attachment 218537

I'll do a "before" pic and measurement for the next 2 I restore.

BTW: what do you all suggest for the best paint with which to refill the embossed letters on the bottom of the handle?

Thx.

how about an ever-ready butterscotch 300bn and a 5252.im waiting on new knots and will update this post when done

Attachments

• $DSCN0866.jpg
    $DSCN0866.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 717
proxy.php

From left to right...

Ever Ready 500PBM whipped dog 20mm silvertip set @52mm 104mm O/A.
Ever Ready 200T.
Ever Ready 100.
Ever Ready 150.

The bigger one is an Ever-Ready 750 Nylon/Lucite Knot size is approx 25mm (This one has a BIG handle, comparable to a chubby 3)

The smaller one is a MadeRite 650 Pure Badger Knot size is approx 18mm

proxy.php

proxy.php

If you ever want to get rid of that 750 let me know! Beautiful brush.

EverReady 300PBT
Pure Badger
Knot - 16mm
Loft - 50mm
Handle - 55mm
Brush - 105mm
Red top and black bottom with chrome ring bifurcation.
proxy.php

proxy.php

EverReady 300PBT
Pure Badger
Knot - 16mm
Loft - 50mm
Handle - 55mm
Brush - 105mm
Red top and black bottom with chrome ring bifurcation.
proxy.php

proxy.php

I have this same brush in pristine condition. Unfortunately, it has a Pure Badger knot that's a bit too soft for me. Does anyone have a recommendation for a larger, better backbone knot? My current favorite brush is my C&E Best Badger - soft, but not too soft.

Help please.

I have this same brush in pristine condition. Unfortunately, it has a Pure Badger knot that's a bit too soft for me. Does anyone have a recommendation for a larger, better backbone knot? My current favorite brush is my C&E Best Badger - soft, but not too soft.

Help please.

Go with a 16MM TGN Finest. You will not be disappointed. Do some searches, and you will find that the finest is by far the de facto knot for restorations. It's that good!

Help please.

Personally my plan is to jam a 22mm Silvertip knot in there, but I have another ER resto with a 2 band finest knot like Blondie suggests and it is currently my favorite brush. You won't go wrong with his suggestion, I just really like this handle and feel that it would look better proportionally with a big knot up top. I should be ordering it next week and I will be sure to post pics as I make progress.

Top Bottom