What's new

The Limes Dilemma

I'm surprised the OP finds the T&H limes to lack staying power. I do two or three sprays on my chest and immediately put a shirt on afterwards, before the cologne dries. The fabric holds the scent, and I can smell it for hours afterwards. This tends to work better on open-collar shirts, which allows more of the fragrance to waft out. I use this technique for any cologne that tends to disappear, or if I like the way a scent smells out of the bottle, but not after it dries down. The trapped scent in the fabric tends not to alter with body chemistry, staying truer to the scent in the bottle.

Conversely, nothing can make the Trumper limes last for longer than a half hour on me, which is too bad, as it's sublime stuff. Taylor's #74 Victorian Limes has more staying power, but I don't really like the scent.

This thread just reminds me how sad I was (am) that T&H limes doesn't last longer than a minute on me...best initial blast of lime ever, and then...nothing. :frown:

I'm surprised the OP finds the T&H limes to lack staying power. I do two or three sprays on my chest and immediately put a shirt on afterwards, before the cologne dries. The fabric holds the scent, and I can smell it for hours afterwards. This tends to work better on open-collar shirts, which allows more of the fragrance to waft out. I use this technique for any cologne that tends to disappear, or if I like the way a scent smells out of the bottle, but not after it dries down. The trapped scent in the fabric tends not to alter with body chemistry, staying truer to the scent in the bottle.

Conversely, nothing can make the Trumper limes last for longer than a half hour on me, which is too bad, as it's sublime stuff. Taylor's #74 Victorian Limes has more staying power, but I don't really like the scent.

Well, it's one of the longer lasting ones on me but I still am hesitant to buy a more expensive frag when I know it's only good for short term application. I'll have to try the shirt thing with my citrus colognes from now on. And, I succumbed to AD and picked up a bottle of T&H from SlagleRock, so I guess I'll have ample opportunity to experiment. Of the others mentioned, Trumper's does not last on me at all, I didn't really care for TOBS, and I'm very intrigued by the Anglia Imperial Lime. I'm also surprised no one else mentioned Floris. I really liked it...but again, upwards of $100 for something that lasts an hour at most...:glare:

I think I'm down to trying these three to see if anything works out:
Anglia Perfumery Imperial Lime
TSD Lime
i Profumi di Firenze - Agrumi di Sicilia- This one's the most expensive, so I'll be holding off on this

Pinaud Citrus Musk. It is far less candy-like than Lime Sec, and the drydown reminds me of freshly starched and ironed shirts.

I think I'm down to trying these three to see if anything works out:
Anglia Perfumery Imperial Lime
TSD Lime
i Profumi di Firenze - Agrumi di Sicilia- This one's the most expensive, so I'll be holding off on this

I tried the TSD Limes Shave Cream. It smelled great, but the performance was, Meh, at best.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Try Taylor #74 Victorian Lime. It's probably one of the best lime scents that lasts on my person. I think it's still under $40.

+1

It also comes in an aftershave, so you can get double-duty.

Top Bottom