What's new

is there a fragrance-free, alcohol-based aftershave?

i used to use a scentless balm from nivea but after it failed to reduce redness and irritation, i switched to an alcohol based aftershave. i currently use pinaud-clubman and it's a great aftershave.

while i do think pinaud-clubman has a pleasant fragrance, it's a bit too strong. i need something that doesn't have a scent for an office job, but at the same time, it must be alcohol based because it's the only thing that works on my skin apparently.

any suggestions? it doesn't have to be completely fragrance-free, but the less the better. thanks in advance.

Try Barbasol Brisk, it is a very light scent that dissipates quite fast, Alcohol 40 based just like Clubman products.

However there is a strong menthol "blast" upon application not sure if you're found of menthol or not.

Proraso aftershave splash is not heavily scented and will not interfere with cologne.

It contains menthol.

Failing that, try ordinary facial toner.

Thayer's Aftershave is pretty much scent free and inexpensive.

I'm a big believer in Thayer's Medicated Superhazel as well. Mild, peppermint scent that fades almost immediately.

You could always water down your Clubman. It will weaken the scent and it's staying power, but it should still work alright, so long as you don't over dilute it. May I ask why you can't wear it around the office?

You could always water down your Clubman. It will weaken the scent and it's staying power, but it should still work alright, so long as you don't over dilute it. May I ask why you can't wear it around the office?

i'm not really sure. in school we were always told not to wear fragrance on job interviews and instead just relying only on showering.

i'm not really sure. in school we were always told not to wear fragrance on job interviews and instead just relying only on showering.

Never heard that one, though it sounds pretty reasonable. Don't want to risk losing a job offer if you like wearing Lilac Vegetal:eek:

Thayer's Aftershave is pretty much scent free and inexpensive.

I'm a big believer in Thayer's Medicated Superhazel as well. Mild, peppermint scent that fades almost immediately.

+1 on Thayers, it's getting that I don't use anything else...

A decent home-brewed alternative-

70ml everclear (95% alcohol stuff, or the strongest vodka you can buy if your state sucks and won't allow the sale of everclear)
20ml witch Hazel (Thayers will give you the least amount of scent)
2-4ml glycerine (start low, easy to add more if it is too drying)
20ml water

Mix everything but the water in a bottle and shake like the dickens for a while. Top with the water and use. If you used vodka, you probably want to eliminate the water part of the recipe since it has a much higher water content than the evervlear. If you want to eliminate all scent entirely, replace the witch hazel with water. At that point, it might be cheaper just to use vodka (has all the water in it as opposed to everclear) and glycerine to taste. The alcohol evaporates pretty quickly, leaving only the scent of the other ingredients. None of which are very strong, subtract the witch hazel and they are scentless unless you have REAL problem with sulpher in your tap water!

Last edited:
Top Bottom