What's new

Gillette Super Stainless

Does anyone know anything about gillette super stainless blades? Are they anything like the Gillette Platinum that they sell in europe?

-------Michael

M

modern man

I think you mean the Swedish Gillette blades and they are a very nice ride. :biggrin:

I don't think so. They are called "Gillette Super Stainless" and come in a red package. I could be wrong but I think the swedish Gillettes are called "Gillette Platinum" and come in blue.

-----Michael

M

modern man

I don't think so. They are called "Gillette Super Stainless" and come in a red package. I could be wrong but I think the swedish Gillettes are called "Gillette Platinum" and come in blue.

-----Michael

You are right.

I haven’t had the Reds. But the Swedes are excellent

Here in Europe, the reds are called 'super silver'. Good, consistent blades. The only thing I use in an adjustable.

Make very certain that they are NOT Russian made! I'm pretty sure that the Russian Gillettes that I bought were marked super stainless on the cardboard, and they were the absolute worst shaving investment I've made.

Usually there's a certain amount of YMMV with blades, but I don't think anyone actually likes the Russian ones.

Abloy, your read my mind. I saw these at Bed Bath and Beyond after I left this thread. I looked at the back and sure enough they ARE made in Russia.

The only thing I have ever had which was made in Russia was some 40 caliber cartridges over a year ago. One of the casings split and jammed my pistol and the gunsmith had to fix it. Needless to say I wasn't impressed by Russian manufacturing.

I don't think I will buy the Super Stainless any time soon. It's not as if they are a bargain at just under 7$ If anyone has a different experience please let me know.

---Michael

Top Bottom