What's new

Ever-ready brush

I picked up an Ever-Ready 300PBT brush at an antique store. I want to put a new knot from Golden Nib, was wondering what suggestions as far as knot size would be ideal for this particular application.

Thanks, Bruce

Bruce, if you haven't done so already, you'll want to remove the current knot from the brush handle and then measure the diameter in millimeters of the hole using a ruler. Then you can go ahead and order the correct knot size.

you can also measure the diameter of the current knot and order a similar or same size knot from the golden nib. even if your hole is 22mm and you order the 22mm knot, you may need to sand or using your favorite rotary tool, open the hole up a bit, or sand the edges of the glue on the knot to get it to fit. I used marine goop, it is clear, obviously water resistant and very sticky.

I restored 2 ever ready's one was with the 18mm best badger, set to as shallow as it could go, but covering the base of the knot and it is a great brush. the other was in 20mm silver tip badger set to a knot height of 53mm. great brush, but a little too prikly for me. I also have a 24mm finest 2 band badger from the golden nib in an unknown brush handle, it is nice and smooth, holds lots of lather, and is what I would recommend as the best badger.

Last edited:
Top Bottom