What's new

First go around with C.O. Bigelow...or is it Proraso?

Picked up a tube of C.O. Bigelow/Proraso from Bad, Bath, and Bodyworks for $10. (I don't think that's too expensive) and I'm looking forward to my first shave with it. I have not strayed off The Body Shop stuff in a very long time so it should be fun.

Excersie Guy,

I got hooked on Proraso by trying a Bigelow fee sample. I loved it and purchased Proraso at Target for less $. I can't detect any difference. I love the stuff!

Steve

I've been very pleased with the C.O. Bigelow shave cream. For some reason, the Target here does not sell the Proraso cream - only the soap, so C.O.B. is a nice alternative. I must admit to frequently loading the brush up with Proraso soap and then lathering with C.O.B. Very nice.

Enjoy!

j.

I agree with Steve. I've used both Bigelow and the green Proraso from Target and the only differences I can see are the packaging and the price. The Bigelow tube looks cooler, but at $10, vs. $6, I'll stick with the Proraso from Target. UPDATE: I JUST READ THAT THE TARGET FORMULA FOR PRORASO IS DIFFERENT. ANY NEWS ON THIS? I couldn't tell any difference, but I only used the Bigelow a couple of times and put it away until I could finish my green tube of Proraso. Maybe I spoke too soon!?

jonathon, check the spa section (by the beauty supplies in target).

i'm falling in love with proraso actually, ever since i've been on vacation in KY. here the climate is warmer in the winter and more humid than utah, so i'll have to see what it's like when i get back, but I've been using it quite regularly. i just love the way it feels on my face now.

All righty then, had my first go around with Proraso.

Firstly, it's a little thinner than I expected, and not nearly as eucaliptic as I imagined according to the buzz on this board. It easily worked up into an excellent lather that stayed put & yielded a fine shave. Rinsing with cold water did result in a refreshing sensation, just not the face-freeze I was expecting.

All in all, I give it a thumbs-up. I did not prefer it over my trusty Body Shop Shave Cream, but it was considerably better than Palmolive & Kiss My Face, two other non-aerosol creams I've tried.

LorenzoJunkie,

Where did you read that Bigelow was different than Target?

Excerciseguy,

I like Body Shop Cream too. I'd say between Proraso and Body Shop, it's a tie for me.

Steve

V

VR6ofpain

Has anyone noticed C.O. Bigelow's site has both their own "made by Proraso" tube of shave cream along with all three of Proraso's creams (and soap)? Strange, since many say that the C.O. Bigelow green tube is identical to the Proraso green tube.

As far as I know the only difference is packaging and the price point. Since Target has left us wetshavers in the lurch C.O. Bigelow courtesy of Bath and Bodyworks is a welcome alternative. I picked up a tube today and am looking forward to a Proraso shave in the morning. My Regent Tech (the Singing Razor) is in the on-deck circle!

I have never been able to find Proraso in any Target. Couldn't even find a section called SPA.

I've just looked at the Bath and Body Works website and couldn't find shaving cream in a tube, just Foaming Shave Gel. Is it only available in their stores?

I have never been able to find Proraso in any Target. Couldn't even find a section called SPA.

I've just looked at the Bath and Body Works website and couldn't find shaving cream in a tube, just Foaming Shave Gel. Is it only available in their stores?

I just looked and you're right. But it used to be there. Don't tell me they did away with it, too. :mad:

Ok, I ordered a tube of ProRaso from Lee's Razors. I wanted to try a triple-milled soap and decided to try Trumper's Lime. Shipping is $6.50 !

So, I added Trumper's Almond, the ProRaso, and a tube of Musgo Real. Shipping appears to be the same $6.50, no matter how much you order, so I thought that it made sense to get the other stuff and try it all at the same time. The only one of these that I've used is the ProRaso, which I like a lot. But, it's time to branch out a little.

Top Bottom