What's new

CHL and Witch Hazel Question

Hey guys, I just picked up some Corn Huskers Lotion and some Witch Hazel as I was walking through the store because I remember hearing it on this forum somewhere. I just have a question on how to use/apply it, especially the Witch Hazel. Do I need to dilute either the CHL or the Witch Hazel in anyway? Or should I just combine the two of them? Thanks for the help!

Hey guys, I just picked up some Corn Huskers Lotion and some Witch Hazel as I was walking through the store because I remember hearing it on this forum somewhere. I just have a question on how to use/apply it, especially the Witch Hazel. Do I need to dilute either the CHL or the Witch Hazel in anyway? Or should I just combine the two of them? Thanks for the help!

I've never tried combining them, nor have I tried CHL, but I'm a big fan of using witch hazel after my shave. My routine is to give my face a hot water rinse (and a once-over with my alum block, then another HW rinse), then apply straight T. N. Dickenson's to my face. I then clean up my shave den while the TND dries. After it does, I apply my aftershave, balm, cologne, etc and I'm good to go.

I think I read somewhere here at B&B that a member tried using CHL plus witch hazel and some EO's to make his own aftershave, but I could be misremembering. You might want to cruise this forum and see if you can find it.

As with all things shaving, YMMV, so try experimenting to find out what works best for you, and when you find it, share it with us all - you might find the Holy Grail of after-shave rituals! Good luck.

I don't combine them but rather apply the witch hazel first, let it dry, then apply a tiny bit of CHL. I only shave at night so when I wake up in the morning I have the smoothest skin you can imagine. :biggrin:

I wouldn't give it too much thought. I put a dab, only a dab, of CHL in my palm and then a shot of WH and then just work the two over my face. If you use too much Corn Husker you'll know it.

I just have a question on how to use/apply it, especially the Witch Hazel. Do I need to dilute either the CHL or the Witch Hazel in anyway? Or should I just combine the two of them? Thanks for the help!

I apply WH as I would an aftershave splash. A little on my palm, slap it on!

Never used CHL.

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I might try to use some WH and then after it dries put on some CHL. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Top Bottom