What's new

Face scraping? NooB question

After never learning proper technique using cartridge for the last 10+ years of my shaving life, I've got a question about something that's often mentioned.

What does "Face scraping feel like"? Is it that feeling that the razor has right before you feel razor burn? I figure I've been scraping my face since I started shaving because well.. M3's encourage poor technique and what I'd like to call the Push&Drag technique.. (Push that sucker down and drag it across)

I'm shaving right now and am getting a decent shave.. not DFS due to the ever tricky jawline.

Just want to make sure I've got a good angle before I bump up the # on the adjustable to get a little closer shave, and start doing an XTG pass, I'm currently doing 2 WTG's with a relather inbetween. If I turn off the fan I can defineatly hear the pink pink pink of the hairs being cut, so I think I'm doing it right.

The scraping is exactly what you said. It's hard to notice until the irritation or burn develops.

I'd suggest turning off the fan if possible and paying close attention to sound while you shave.

I guess i'm lucky.. if I scrape, I can almost instantly feel the start of Burn, it may go away for a few min, but usually is present by the time I finish the other side of my face.

Top Bottom