What's new

Can anyone tell me if the Merkur Slant head will fit on the Merkur travel handle?

Can anyone tell me if the Merkur Slant head will fit on the Merkur travel handle and thusly, into the small leather pouch that Merkur sells with their breakdown travel DE razor?

-joedy

I don't believe that it will, Joedy. On the slant, the bottom portion of the head, which is affixed to the handle, is also slanted.

Actually what I am trying to find out is if the breakdown handle on the Travel Merkur (the one that breaks down into 4 sections - lower handle, mid handle, lower head and top head) will fit the Merkur HD slant head.

Another words, can the handle of the HD Slant be changed out with the breakdown handle of the Merkur travel handle?

This will give me a portable slant in a small package for my travel kit without having to carry around the HD slant handle.

-joedy

I believe the answer is no. On the slant razor, the lower portion of the 2-piece head is permanently fixed to the handle. This piece, like the top one, is twisted. This prevents any mixing and matching of razor parts.

You're correct, Kyle. I recently obtained a Horriftz (sp) travel slant which is configured exactly like the Merkur Travel DE (breaks into 4 pieces).

I was thinking that I could hash my own travel slant and not rely on the one that I purchased.

-joedy

Top Bottom