What's new

Glass-lined Thermos

I currently have a stainless steel Thermos and want to replace it with a glass-lined version. My coffee gets tainted in there. Problem is, I can't find one that looks satisfactory. Any suggestions? (Direct links if possible, please.)

Interesting question. I have a stainless steel thermos (~ 16 oz) and never have that problem.

I also haven't seen a glass lined one that would last past a stiff knock against something or an accidental drop without getting destroyed. Not saying they don't exist, just never heard of one.

If you're having trouble cleaning a stainless steel thermos, I stumbled upon this method recently that worked quite well. Pour a bit of hot water in the bottom with one of those powdered cleansers, like Comet or Bon Ami, and shake it around, and rinse several times.

The issue I was having with the bigger Thermos wasn't a cleaning problem, it was the stainless steel imparting an odd taste to the coffee itself. Such a phenomenon has been discussed on coffee forums before. A ceramic-lined Thermos would be great, but until one of those is available, I've settled on my smaller Nissan.

Top Bottom