What's new

SOTD - September 21 through September 27, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kent BK8 | Musgo Real | Puma 89 | Alt-Innsbruk | Santa Maria Novella Pre/Post | Knize Sec

proxy.php

Friday

CF Pre-Shave
Rooney Heritage Victorian Super
MB Dublin Tweed Shave Stick
Mach3 with Rooney handle
Feather Kanwa ASB

Hot shower / CF Preshave
QED Sandalwood Rose soap
B&B LE '08
Mergress on 1 w/Feather - d5
WWR / CWR
Nature's Gift Sandalwood AS Splash
CB I Hate Perfume Tea/Rose Absolute

Time: 7:00am
Razor: iKon/New
Brush: 22nm Silvertip from The Golden Nib
Blade: Red Pack Personna (2nd shave)
Cream: Tabac Shaving Soap
Pre-Shave: None
After-shave: eShave Lavender after shave balm

Description: This soap lathers like crazy, having a nice luxurious lather is a great feeling. The rest of the shave lived up to the lather. I went slow, watched my angle, and ended up with an irritation free close shave. I think this has probably been the best week of shaves I've ever had. I'm starting to get a better understanding of my shaving technique, and think I understand how to lather -- once the lather is formed I have to remember to paint the lather on my face, not continually create more lather.

This has been a week of great shaves, with great products. Now, I just need to figure out how to organize all of this stuff in my bathroom and potentially unload some of my never used shaving gear.

Friday
B&B Essential
HD/Feather dream combo
Dr. Harris Marlborough SC
Booster June Clover A/S
Osage Rub (as hair tonic)

Finally.

Hardware: Gillette SS w/Derby blade, Black Tooth (Superior 25mm SBB, aka, Hammer of the Gods #2), Weller Bowl

Software: Dave's Mystic Lime Glycerin Preshave, KMF Key Lime SC, witch hazel, Pinaud Lime Sec AS, SCS Bay Rum w/Twist EDT

Le Grelot : B&B Essential : Wool Fat : Clubman

Meeting some previously important people today. Clubman felt like the appropriate scent for the occasion.

proxy.php

View attachment 67873
Woody's Meat & Potatoes Soap Bar, 12 oz.

Simple grooming for the simple man. Great fragrance!

A big beefy bar, for all over head and body. Vegetable based with hemp seed oil, and shea makes this a great moisturizing bar.
Break off a chunk and throw it in a mug to use for shaving!

Have a very nice day !

Eelco

How's the M&P Bar shave? I've gone through a few bars in the shower but never thought to use it for shaving.

Friday:

Shower
Proraso Pre
Badger Brush
GFT Violet SS
Merkur 38C with BIC Blade
Spanish Floïd Suave
Balea Men ASB

Friday:cool:

Futur / Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Rooney 1/2 super
T&H West Indian Limes cream (sample)