What's new

your favourite pistol/s.....

being in the uk i cant get much closer to handguns than co2 and bb replicas, so pointlessly looking through photos of and information on them seems like a perfectly logical thing to do :biggrin: so throw out considerations of praacticality and price etc and lets see your favourite pistol, the one youd have if you finally assumed your secret movie hero/villain self :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
here are four id like, for various reasons some because theyre purdey :biggrin: others because of game or movie usage:001_rolle

Excellent choices. I have a Smith and Wesson 629 that looks about like the one in the picture. Let's not forget.
proxy.php

1. Glock, caliber of your choosing. Mine was .40 full sized.
2. 1911A1
3. Beretta M9, it has a lot of detractors but it is easy to shoot, has great ergonomics, and is reliable if serviced properly, which can be said for anything mechanical.

S&W 586 .357 Magnum. No longer made sadly

It's a beautiful pistol. I had the opportunity to purchase one a few months ago; however with the ridiculous prices on guns since around...oh, 11/4/08, I have decided to wait. Hopefully, the prices will be back to normal this time next year, and I will be able to put a 586 in my safe :thumbup1:

My pick would be the first pistol that I every use.

That would be a S&W four inch barrel 38 Special that was issued in my days as a USAF Security Police.

Not the best but it does have sentimental value for me.

I think the P7 is awesome and pure innovation.

My favourite to shoot is my old Soviet Tokarev copy made by Norinco from China. It's kind of a weird gun, the grip angle is straight down so it feels kind of weird to hold. But, the reason I like it best is because you can buy crates of 7.62x25 ammo for dirt cheap, while any other pistol cartridge is stupid expensive to shoot in any quantities these days.

If I had to pick for practical purposes, a Taurus revolver (Smith and Wesson's quality has absolutely gone to crap), a similar frame size and caliber Taurus revolver has better fit and finish than a Smith and Wesson one that cost twice as much. Or for a semi auto, the hype is unfotunately true, a Glock is just about entirely reliable and there's no other semi-auto handgun that can touch it for practical purposes. I've always thought they look super lame but if I were a cop or something and had to carry something on duty, it would be a no brainer.

For a semi-auto, in my humble opinion, you can't beat a 1911 in any of it's variations. For a CCW weapon, I am becoming quite fond of my Springfield XD Sub-compact in .40 S&W. And for complete overkill, I enjoy the look of astonishment on someones face when they first fire my Ruger Super Redhawk in .454 Casull. :biggrin:

Top Bottom