What's new

Mayweather - Marquez Boxing Match

I knew I should not have ordered the PPV. This fight was a complete mis-match. Floyd comes in 2 lbs over the 144 limit at the weigh-in and pays a $600k fine to keep the fight on track. But the money isn't the point, the point is that Mayweather was already the naturally bigger man and then he doesn't make weight. So Marquez is at a massive disadvantage - he came in at a bulked up 142. Couple that with the fact that Mayweather is faster, stronger and one of the most skilled boxers ever and you have a terrible fight.

Mayweather dominated every round and scored one knockdown - the fight went the distance. Marquez fought like the warrior he is but could not be effective. He could not come even close to hurting Floyd. Mayweather had no ring rust that I could see. You could see why Floyd is considered one of the two best fighters in the world - the other being Pacquiao.

So while Floyd was dominant last night, I consider Pacquiao as the best pound for pound right now. Until Floyd fights Shane Mosely, Paul Williams or Miguel Cotto, he is just cherry picking and protecting his undefeated record. He will likely fight the winner of Cotto-Pacquiao. We'll see.

Top Bottom