What's new

Thayer's Unscented Witch Hazel does not smell

I like using witch hazel before I put on my aftershave, but I am really put off by the smell of witch hazel. Thayer's unscented is exactly as advertised: I can not detect any scent (witch hazel or other) in the toner.

I highly recommend this product!

From Thayer's website:

You Won't Smell It, But You'll Surely Feel It.

THAYERS® Alcohol-Free Unscented Witch Hazel with Organic Aloe Vera Formula Toner has all the replenishing, revitalizing magic of our scented varieties, but is undetectable by the nose. • Fragrance-Free • Paraben-Free • Naturally Preserved • Hypoallergenic. 12 oz. bottle

Ingredients: Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Hamamelis Virginiana (THAYERS® proprietary un-distilled Witch Hazel) Extract, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate.

Last edited:
That is a great product, although I prefer the "astringent" version, which has 10% alcohol, which is still less than standard WH, such as Dickinson's (another great product), which has 14%.

I second the recommendation. I'm a newbie, but also a fanatical sampler.
I've got the Thayer's on my counter and I use it every time.
Works great with no scent. At first I thought it might be water. :)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I second the recommendation. I'm a newbie, but also a fanatical sampler.
I've got the Thayer's on my counter and I use it every time.
Works great with no scent. At first I thought it might be water. :)

Quiet! You'll give away the big secret in my next get rich quick scheme;
Put distilled water in a bottle, and sell it as "Unscented, no-sting Aftershave"
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If it's really expensive, I'll have to add to the label "All Natural"

If you want to label it "All Natural" you don't even have to use distilled water.
Mo' money, mo' money, mo' money!

But, you do need to have 14% something in it, or its not real. Maybe 14% distilled water to go with your water. :biggrin:

Roger

The saddest thing here is that I know without any reservation that people would rave about it to their mates.

'You can't smell a thing... but boy is it moist.'

It's the only splash I have on hand so I use it, but I've never liked the sticky-ness of it as it dries down. Trumper's Limes Skin Food and Clinique Post-Shave Healer work better for me.

I find Thayers at Raley's supermarket in the "organic" section, along with the Burts Bee's, Tom's of Maine, and similar products. If there's a Raley's in your town, that might be a good place to look.

FWIW, anyone ever read Evian backwards? (From George Carlin a comic genius, RIP). It spells Naive.

BTW, since I'm not bothered by the scent, I use the standard Thayers. Great stuff! And I find the smell dissipates in a few minutes, no effect on AS or Cologne. YMMV.

Top Bottom