What's new

Knuckleball School

While I was unaware of those rule changes, Rich is correct. Sometimes, balls near the ankles are called strikes. Other times, belt high balls are not. I do know that the strike zone is not being called according to the official rules.

Tim

While I was unaware of those rule changes, Rich is correct. Sometimes, balls near the ankles are called strikes. Other times, belt high balls are not. I do know that the strike zone is not being called according to the official rules.

Tim

I too was unaware of an actual rule change regarding the strike zone. I just thought the umpires interpretation of the strike zone had changed.

Tim

I too was unaware of an actual rule change regarding the strike zone. I just thought the umpires interpretation of the strike zone had changed.

Either we are willing to deal with a little bit of human arbitrariness in the calling of balls and strikes or we get a Questech. Even if you use Questech to teach the umpires their individual proclivity to make poor calls you still can't eliminate human arbitrariness. I like that element of the game.

Either we are willing to deal with a little bit of human arbitrariness in the calling of balls and strikes or we get a Questech. Even if you use Questech to teach the umpires their individual proclivity to make poor calls you still can't eliminate human arbitrariness. I like that element of the game.

I agree, but I would like to see the strike zone called according to the definition. I really enjoy the great pitcher duels better than overly offensive games

Top Bottom