What's new

Brooks Brothers 1818-Why I Love Fall

Ah, fall is about to...fall. Time for wool caps, snifters of things warm, soups, roasted meats, and woody, spicy colognes. I usually never wear this from spring to well into fall but we have had such a grand cool summer here in cattle country I couldn't resist. Besides, it was a "balmy" 55 degrees this morning with a crsip, DRY north wind. Right now it is about 6:30PM and the air is still dry and in the sixties. I am taking my gorgeous wife out to dinner since she will be gone for nearly a month on business. Time for the 1818. Ah yes, the spicy sweet blast of top notes and a lengthy dry down to something spicy, only slightly warm, and magical. Fall really is coming nigh and I am well readied for it. If Brooks ever drops this one I will be furious.

Regards, Todd

I just bought this for the first time today.
It is fantastic.
Thank you Brooks Brothers Friends and Family Week. I got a 6 oz for 30 bucks!
:rolleyes:

Recently we just got a Brooks Brothers location in Vancouver, Canada. Upon your recommendation I will have to go over there & check this out. Sounds good.

Recently we just got a Brooks Brothers location in Vancouver, Canada. Upon your recommendation I will have to go over there & check this out. Sounds good.

Thanks Riley. I didn't know that BB was in Vancouver. Any feedback on this cologne would be appreciated.

Thanks Riley. I didn't know that BB was in Vancouver. Any feedback on this cologne would be appreciated.

Me neither, till just last week I happened to walk by it.

Its located right downtown here on Alberni St (1 block off Robson) between Burrard & Thurlow in case your ever in these parts.
Next time, I will check to see if they carry this one & maybe squeeze off a spray of it & report back.

Todd's description of the 1818 sounds intriguing

Last edited:
I was in Brooks Brothers yesterday, trying on some blazers, and I tried the 1818. It really is quite nice--my first impression was a toned-down Bois du Portugal. Huge size, great price. Right now, there's a 25% off sale going too.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I was in Brooks Brothers yesterday, trying on some blazers, and I tried the 1818. It really is quite nice--my first impression was a toned-down Bois du Portugal. Huge size, great price. Right now, there's a 25% off sale going too.

If you have an outlet of BB near you, they have a 40% sale going on, picked up some nice shirts there the other day, can't beat 40% off, or?

If you have an outlet of BB near you, they have a 40% sale going on, picked up some nice shirts there the other day, can't beat 40% off, or?

That sounds pretty good. I wouldn't mind picking up a couple of shirts and a jacket if the price is right. Thanks!

I tried the 1818 awhile back and remember liking it, though I never bought a bottle. If you like traditional men's fragrances you'd probably like it. Apparently BB has had fragrances for decades but their old scents have been discontinued for a long time.

Hey guys. Thanks for bringing this fall time thread back to life. We are now well on our way to winter and this one still does not tire on me. It is such a classy old fragrance and I have NEVER had one negative comment on its scent. Particularly from women. They all love it. And it does not smell like the fragrance aisle at Macy's! It is a really great scent for church as well. Just apply sparingly. Intimate dinner with your lady and other nightime activities? Apply at your discretion.

Regards, Todd

Top Bottom