What's new

Scents

I perfer soaps, but have started using a few creams. Of the products I've used (which aren't many), the creams seem to explode with scent while lathering, but the soaps are just kinda blah. No real scent with them. What are some soaps that seem to have a strong scent when lathering? I've been looking at some of the vendors, and would like to try some of them with recomendations.

Glycerin-based soaps tend to be more strongly-scented than triple-milled varieties. I'd rank QED as most strongly scented as a rule, followed, I think, by TGQ. Some of the Mama Bear scents are certainly worth trying, as well. We're fortunate to have several great options!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It's my own personal opinion that the TOBS soaps have a stronger scent when lathering than do Trumpers. But I kinda like the tallowy goodness of the Trumpers.
But, again, that's just my opinion. YMMV

QED definitely has the strongest scent of any soaps I have tried. Mama Bear's Rosemary Mint has a very nice strong scent.

Yep...QED loads up the scent better than any soaps that come to mind. I consider that a big plus too. I don't have very sensitive skin, so scent is truly the biggest consideration for me when I purchase products. Unfortunately, the two soaps/scents I've tried from QED (Bathtub Gin and Mocha Java) didn't live up to what I imagined or hoped they would be like. So, for instance, while the scent of QED Mocha Java is stronger than Mama Bears Turkish Mocha, I would ultimately go with the Turkish Mocha because I like that scent better (even though I wish the Mama Bear's Turkish Mocha) had a stronger scent).

I am not a fan of heavy scents. I wear cologne for that effect. Some soapers will gladly add additional FO to your soap if you ask. I know TSD will accommodate this request.

I highly recommend a sampler pack of shave soaps from Ogallala Bay Rum. Best 5 bucks I ever spent - the Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorns smells good enough to eat. :w00t:

Top Bottom