What's new

Don't Hurt Me....but

You can get them on Amazon or somewhere like Costco/Sam's/BJ's in bulk for cheaper. It's still not DE prices but it's better.

Another option is you could post in the WTB forum and maybe buy the unused ones off of new converts.

You could actually switch to the personna matrix 3 for a lot less - it gets really good reviews.

Now I wonder if that's where the UK supermarket Tesco gets its own brand Matrix Mach 3 clone? It is sold as Tesco Matrix.

I have one for travelling (can't be bothered with the hassle of blades on planes!) and the replacement cartridges come in at around £3 for 8 and it does give a decent shave (cartridge style that is!) and the cartridges last quite well.

Gareth

Does anyone know where I can buy Mach 3 or Fusion Cartridges inexpensively? I do occasionally use them instead of my DE.

TROLL!!
proxy.php

Just kidding, try costco for "decent" prices. GK

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
No one says that you HAVE to use a DE or a Straight or a SE to wetshave.
The type of razor is less important than the quality prep, brush, soap/cream etc.
Having said that, if you are determined to use a cart razor, you might consider an Atra or a Sensor. Those blades are pretty darn cheap, and both razors do a lot better job than a Mach 3 in my opinion (and I would guess a Fusion - though I have never used the 5 bladed monster).

No one says that you HAVE to use a DE or a Straight or a SE to wetshave.
The type of razor is less important than the quality prep, brush, soap/cream etc.
Having said that, if you are determined to use a cart razor, you might consider an Atra or a Sensor. Those blades are pretty darn cheap, and both razors do a lot better job than a Mach 3 in my opinion (and I would guess a Fusion - though I have never used the 5 bladed monster).

True, but the B&B by-laws clearly state that anyone seeking "modern cartridge" refills will be given a healthy dose of crap :wink::tongue:

Now I wonder if that's where the UK supermarket Tesco gets its own brand Matrix Mach 3 clone? It is sold as Tesco Matrix.

Gareth

For sure it's the same razor - my local grocery store has it re-branded under their house brand, too. Not that I'm tempted to buy one... but I see them on the shelf.

...you might consider an Atra or a Sensor. Those blades are pretty darn cheap, and both razors do a lot better job than a Mach 3 in my opinion
+1 You can purchase a new Atra on eBay under the name Gillette Vector or Contour - Less than $10 shipped from overseas and you can buy the Personna carts at Wal-Mart or likely your grocery store for about $3.50 / 10. Way Cheaper than Mach 3 - you might consider the Trac II also - You can get nice handles on eBay and there's no pivot - Both the Trac II and Atra provide a really nice shave.

Last edited:
If you are near one, try a flea market. My sister's boyfriend gets his carts at the giant Florence Flea Market in South Carolina. He says he pays a fraction of the price wanted for them in stores.

Does anyone know where I can buy Mach 3 or Fusion Cartridges inexpensively? I do occasionally use them instead of my DE.

The cheapest price I've ever seen on cartridges is Costco. I don't know about Mach 3, but I know they carry Fusions.

If you are near one, try a flea market. My sister's boyfriend gets his carts at the giant Florence Flea Market in South Carolina. He says he pays a fraction of the price wanted for them in stores.

I wonder if the seller got these at a five finger discount?

I wonder if the seller got these at a five finger discount?

Or if they are the "Deadly Chinese reverse engineered knock off made with substandard steel in a toxic plastic binder" ones.

LOL @both comments! He says they are the actual branded carts. While they have had cases recently of people selling items that were stolen or fakes sold as genuine, I don't that that has been an issue w/the shaving supplies sellers.

I'm heading down there in a couple of weeks, and I am going to see what they have as far as DE blades, shaving soaps, etc. goes. I haven't been in a long time, so I'm looking forward to it.

Top Bottom