What's new

styptic pencil

are they all the same? i've only seen one brand and if they're all the same i think i might be able to get it cheaply at walmart as opposed to ordering it online from west coast shaving.
i don't know how much syptic pencils cost to begin with.

also, do i really, really need one? i've gotten cuts from using a safety razor and all i did was press the towel to my face and that was that. sometimes, it had stopped before i got the towel.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Styptic pencils are all the same basically. They are pretty cheap, the clubman brand at walmart works just fine.
No shavers cabinet should be without one "just in case" you get a nick or cut larger than the average weeper.
Besides, why deny yourself the pleasant experience of placing one up against an open wound on your face.

are they all the same? i've only seen one brand and if they're all the same i think i might be able to get it cheaply at walmart as opposed to ordering it online from west coast shaving.
i don't know how much syptic pencils cost to begin with.

also, do i really, really need one? i've gotten cuts from using a safety razor and all i did was press the towel to my face and that was that. sometimes, it had stopped before i got the towel.

I think the cheapest are typically Clubman brand at Walmart, at less than $1. I wouldn't place an order to westcoastshaving for only a styptic pencil, but if you're getting other stuff you might as well. It's a little different in size from the typical drug store variety. Shorter and fatter, sort of like a chap stick tube.

It's a good thing to have, even if you use it just once a year.

- Chris

I described styptic to my newbie friend as "lemon juice stick".

Lemon juice stick was somewhat accurate. It has a little bit of a sting when you use it, but nothing even worth mentioning.

As mentioned, it is much better to have one and not use it, than to not have one and bleed all over.

Top Bottom